Aerial signal suddenly dropped

Started by parker455, October 28, 2013, 18:04

parker455

Hi guys,

I recently have come up against an issue with my radio/antenna in an import MRS. The signal has always been hit and miss, with it being an import it's a pain in the ass to find a radio station in the first place I.e radio 1 is 79.2 rather than 98.8.

It was all fine and dandy on a trip out one day, then the next I went out and the signal had completely dropped. The aerial is intact and all plugged in as it should be. I can't pick up major stations now either.

Anybody else had similar issues? I'm planning on replacing the head unit at some point and maybe use a internal mounted aerial to combat this as I've seen it's possible.

I've also gotta get hold of a electric window motor for the passenger side too soon, that went kaplunk on my the other day too *sighs* the joys of motoring.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

scottish_turbo

Regarding the stereo, you will have an inline frequency converter that will allow you to pick up U.K. stations on a Japanese stereo. The aerial will plug in to the converter then the converter to the head unit. This converter should be connected to 12V. Before doing anything else i would ensure that none of the wires from this have come loose and I'd check that it still receiving power using a multimeter.

parker455

Quote from: "scottish_turbo"Regarding the stereo, you will have an inline frequency converter that will allow you to pick up U.K. stations on a Japanese stereo. The aerial will plug in to the converter then the converter to the head unit. This converter should be connected to 12V. Before doing anything else i would ensure that none of the wires from this have come loose and I'd check that it still receiving power using a multimeter.

Thanks for the reply - I've got one on there it's for New zealand though I believe, may work off the same wavelength though. Will check that it's working and wired correctly tomorrow.

If I changed the head unit to a UK one, would I eliminate the need for one of the converters?

scottish_turbo

Yeah, a U.K. head unit will not require the converter.

parker455

Quote from: "scottish_turbo"Yeah, a U.K. head unit will not require the converter.

Perfect - that's one for the xmas list! Will give the unit a fiddle tomorrow when the rain dies down!

Tags: