Parking Brake Light.

Started by Joker777, November 5, 2013, 23:44

Joker777

So, recently the parking break light on the dash cluster has been triggering randomly when I take right turns. I assume it's just a loose connection with the sensor, but has anyone else had this problem?

andyhull

just keep turning left !!!!!!  lol sorry couldnt resist.  sounds like the bulb connection in the cluster could be lose   s:) :) s:)
a 2 is like a fine woman, sexy, charming, satisfying and worth all the maintenance  s]

Joker777

Oh boy, taking a part my dash cluster is gonna be fun..

SteveJ

Quote from: "andyhull"just keep turning left !!!!!!  lol sorry couldnt resist.  sounds like the bulb connection in the cluster could be lose   s:) :) s:)

If that were the cause, the opposite would be true - the bulb would go OUT at random!

The brake warning light also indicates VERY LOW brake fluid in the master cylinder - suggest you check that before dismantling your dash-board   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Joker777

Just checked and was low on fluid. Topped off the resevoir and checked all my brake calipers and I apparently forgot to tighten a bolt that loosened while changing my pads (didn't actually need to mess with that bolt, but it was my first brake job on this car) so I was leaking fluid. Got that all fixed up and took a few corners a bit too hard and so far it seems that the problem is resolved.

Pro tip: Don't mess with sheisa you're not supposed to.

I also really don't want to take appart my cluster til I get new color plates, which will be a ways down the road. Thanks a bunch for the advice though! Real life saver.

Tags: