Aerial switch

Started by purplepowermonster, March 13, 2014, 23:00

purplepowermonster

I was fed up with the aerial coming up each time I turned on the stereo as I rarely listen to the normal radio (either DAB or MP3) but wanted to keep the option to use the aerial so I wired in a relay and a momentary switch.  When the stereo is switched on the aerial will stay down, then  press and release the button and the aerial goes up and stays up until you turn the stereo or the ignition off, it won't go up again until you press the button with the ignition and stereo on.
I bought this relay:
 m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Automotive-12 ... 0364348442 m
And this switch:
 m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Momentary-On- ... 1119124660 m ?
Here is the switch fitted:

And this is the wiring

This is not a 'how to' but just thought I would share it in case it's of any use to anyone.
2006 red Facelift, love it!

Markb

I just put an inline push on,push off switch on the blue /white wire (aerial/remote) on the aftermarket iso lead (to save cutting original wiring)......the easy option  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Markb"I just put an inline push on,push off switch on the blue /white wire (aerial/remote) on the aftermarket iso lead (to save cutting original wiring)......the easy option  s:) :) s:)

I did the same thing but got another electric window disable switch to make it look factory  s:) :) s:)

purplepowermonster

Quote from: "Markb"I just put an inline push on,push off switch on the blue /white wire (aerial/remote) on the aftermarket iso lead (to save cutting original wiring)......the easy option  s:) :) s:)
I'd keep forgetting too turn it off  :-) :-) :-)
Was just playing around really and seemed a good idea at the time.

Fin

+1, I just put a switch on the central console.
The Sun is out, the sky is blue,
The roof is down on my MR2,
And I\'m grinning, grinning ear to ear!

purplepowermonster

I look back at it now and wonder why I went to all the bother, but that's what happens when engineers get bored.
The devil makes use of (engineers) idle hands  :-) :-) :-)

Tags: