Dual DIN Adapter

Started by scottee, August 27, 2004, 13:19

scottee

Does anyone know if there is an adapter to change the headunit so you can fit 2 standard DIN headunits into it? (think DVD Headunit at bottom and flipout screen above)

I've had a search, but cant find anything  s:( :( s:(

markiii

not so much an adaptoe but if they don't have bulky trim rings you should be able to use the standard brackets off your existing unit
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

scottee

i've seen some pretty cheap flipout screens, which are din-sized, so im gonna hunt down a tidy brand dvd headunit, and have incar dvd's... because this 7" TV screen that doesnt work is getting on my nerves, I might try to sell it on japan yahoo auctions (cos its got that naviken sat nav thing for japan and stuff), donno how much its worth

GSB

Scottee, read this...

m http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4707 m

The MR2 doesn't actually take "DIN" units, unless they are ISO compatible. You can fit 1 DIN unit using an adapter, but to fit 2 units in the same hole, (i.e. to replace the Double DIN sized unit already in place) BOTH units must be ISO compatible, they are about 1/2 inch to high due to the DIN surrounds...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

markiii

but if teh DIN Surrounds are removeable you can
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

GSB

Quote from: "markiii"but if the DIN Surrounds are removeable you can

In the strictest sense of things, that would make them ISO surrounds, not DIN... Not that I'm picking hairs you understand, I'm just trying to help some other poor bugger so he he doesnt have to cut and re-weld the 2 stuts in the dash to mount DIN units...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Tags: