Dash illumination colour

Started by Anonymous, September 6, 2004, 10:09

Anonymous

Car arrives this Friday, and already planning to change the HU so i can play MP3's in the car rather than add an Autochanger. Can anyone tell me what colour the dash lights up at night. Got a feeling its orange ??

Cheers in advance

James.

Anonymous

Orange indeed.

Anonymous

Cheers   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Are you looking for a h/u that matches the dash colour then?

Anonymous

Yeah - wondered about one of the Alpine units that came in an orange colour, but really need to see the dash at night to see what its like. My last HU (Becker) was in VW blue to match the dash of my Golf so i like it to all look factory(ish)   s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

Yeah, i hear you, the main reason i'm not upgrading the h/u is because i like it too match the dash and clock.

Tem

For the record...you can change the dash light color. There's even a guy at SC who does (or at least used to do) that for others...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

but then it wont match the clock!

GSB

Alpine orange is a perfect match...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Tem

Quote from: "odub"but then it wont match the clock!

I'm pretty sure people have changed that as well...(or possibly changed the whole unit, no idea really)...  s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

QuoteAlpine orange is a perfect match...

oh really...

SteveJ

Quote from: "Tem"For the record...you can change the dash light color. There's even a guy at SC who does (or at least used to do) that for others...

Unless this is someone new, the only thing that was being done on SC was to change the US stock HU illumination to match the dash.

GSB

Quote from: "SteveJ"
Quote from: "Tem"For the record...you can change the dash light color. There's even a guy at SC who does (or at least used to do) that for others...

Unless this is someone new, the only thing that was being done on SC was to change the US stock HU illumination to match the dash.

There was a guy who used to do the instrument cluster too. I remember pictures of them with blue illumination, but he couldnt do the odometer, either because the lighting elements were embedded into the display unit, or becasue they were very tricky surface mount LED's...  

Frankly, I wouldnt bother anyway... Its easy enough to get a match with aftermarket Head units as the vast majority use one of four colours, Green or Orange, which are pretty universal, plus VW Blue, and occasionaly Red, which is used a lot in SEAT's and Audis I think... There are other Head units which use a variable colour system, but its all for show, and appeals mainly to the sort of people who spend 5 times the cars market value on mods, and yet still keep the total budget to less than £10K... You know the sort.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Tem

Quote from: "GSB"There was a guy who used to do the instrument cluster too. I remember pictures of them with blue illumination, but he couldnt do the odometer, either because the lighting elements were embedded into the display unit, or becasue they were very tricky surface mount LED's...

I thought he solved that issue...?  s:? :? s:?

He also did at least one "rainbow", I thought it was pretty funny  s8) 8) s8)

I wouldn't bother changing it just to match the radio/whatever either, but maybe someone wants to do it for the looks. Blue is supposed to be cool  s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

So what colour is the clock then ??

Darth Paul

Quote from: "coupe-sport"So what colour is the clock then ??

Orange digital.

Anonymous

Ta - just wondered as one of the comments was a new HU wouldn't match the clock   s:? :? s:?  

Good news about the Alpine Orange though   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

that was me, but i meant changing the dash colour would then not match the clock,

Tem

Quote from: "coupe-sport"Ta - just wondered as one of the comments was a new HU wouldn't match the clock   s:? :? s:?  

I think odub meant that if you change the dash lights, they won't match the stock clock  s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

ah ok - thanks once again.

Tags: