New battery fitted now no aux function on Pioneer stereo

Started by arty2506, September 26, 2014, 12:30

arty2506

Hi

My MR2 had a new battery fitted yesterday. Since then, the aux-in on my Pioneer DEH-P6100R stereo has stopped working. I've read the manual and it asks me to turn aux on in a settings menu but this option doesn't even come up, it's completely lost the aux function. My stereo has an aux cable coming out of a wiring connector at the back, which splits into the left and right jacks. Then have another cable running from them into one end that plugs into my iPhone.

Previously if I plugged the iPhone in and moved the cable around I'd hear crackling noises coming from the speakers. Now there is no sound. Could it be a fuse or a dud connector? Garage that installed the battery are worse than useless and are denying they've done anything.

Anyone got any ideas? The rest of the stereo works fine but I use the aux in more than anything else. Can't find any other help on tinternet, just endless referrals to the manual that says switch the aux function on. If there is no option, I can't turn it on! There doesn't appear to be a radio code or reset either, so I'm at a loss.

Any help gratefully received, I'd rather not pay out to have it looked at. Hoping it'll be a quick fix I can do.
In my garage - X Reg red MR2 Roadster with matching hard top. Love her!!! \":-)\" 4 years, 40k miles, £500 repair costs. Incredible car and a fantastic drive!

phaeton

Have you proved the fault is not on the phone, find it highly unlikely changing a battery would have damaged the stereo

Alan...

Tags: