A frame trim

Started by Fin, March 13, 2015, 14:00

Fin

Can anyone tell me how to remove/refit the a frame trim? (The bit up the side of the windscreen).
I need to stick my internal aerial to the screen, and this seems to be the easiest way to run the cables.
Unless there is an easier way I'm missing?
Thanks
The Sun is out, the sky is blue,
The roof is down on my MR2,
And I\'m grinning, grinning ear to ear!

mikews

Its a pita but doable. From memory you push it toward the bottom of the screen first, then have to manipulate the top to fit the Orange plugs into the metal of the frame.

To get it off just get your fingers behind and pull towards you.

Eastsoutheast

I just had a DAB Aries fitted to the passenger side and a teephone microphone to the drivers side.

For the telephone microphone the fitter managed to pull the trim far enough away from the pillar to install the cable without removing it. He did pull off the two trim clips and then struggled to ge the top one back in but you could see from experience he knew how to do it.

When he fitted the DAB Ariel he removed the A pillar trim by first removing the soft top fitting bracket (two star bolts) and then gently pulling away the trim from the pillar. He convinced himself the soft top bracket bolts were reverse threaded as he really struggled to undo them. I told him they likely had some sort of thread lock fitted and after some persuasion he undone the two bolts.

Hope this helps.

Fin

Thanks. I'll have a look and see what I can see. Sounds like my best option. I can't see any other way. Got it in the glovebox atm, I think the metal might be absorbing the signal a bit? Still, it's not much different from my old aerial now   s:? :? s:?
The Sun is out, the sky is blue,
The roof is down on my MR2,
And I\'m grinning, grinning ear to ear!

Tags: