Using The Passenger Window Disable Switch For Something Else

Started by GSB, October 22, 2004, 09:22

Anonymous

my brother erased it while I was skeezing myself under the steering wheel to pass the eletric cables down there, he did it with a knife it peels of easily but left some scratch marks, barelly visible tough. It would be better if done with a fine sand paper (one of those that you pass water before using) for a smooth surface  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "ShIvER"... one of those that you pass water before using...
s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

You could put one of these there.

Anonymous

Quote from: "peterb"
what's that face about?
My native language is not english so I lack a lot of words, I read it today somewhere, it's called water sandpaper, right?

LOL at that image!!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

kanujunkie

Quote from: "ShIvER"My native language is not english so I lack a lot of words, I read it today somewhere, it's called water sandpaper, right?

you mean wet'n'dry paper, but that is a tradename
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

wet and dry paper? not really, it's water sandpaper Im pretty sure   s:? :? s:?  
I used it in PCs to polish heatsinks

Anonymous

go , here and look at step #2[/url]

kanujunkie

that is 1500 grit wet and dry they're talking about
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "ShIvER"
Quote from: "peterb"
what's that face about?
My native language is not english so I lack a lot of words, I read it today somewhere, it's called water sandpaper, right?

LOL at that image!!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Sorry, but "passing water" is often used to mean going to the toilet!

The "sand paper" you refer to is usually called "wet and dry".

Anonymous

passing the sandpaper by water...
Im not english native so gimme a break  s;) ;) s;)

kanujunkie

Quote from: "ShIvER"I'm not english native so gimme a break  s;) ;) s;)

out of interest, where are you then??
[size=100]Stu[/size]

so.simple

He's in Portugal.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Carlos

mr2mark

Hi just been reading about these people who are on about having the aerial up when listening to a c.d. ...... If you have the same head unit as me I just press the TA button when in c.d mode and switch TA off .... this will put the aerial down ..... then when I switch to radio it goes up on its own ..... then back to c.d it goes down ...... SORTED ... Then you can use this switch for neons   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

kanujunkie

Quote from: "mr2mark"Then you can use this switch for neons   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

mr2mark

What marque is your car? I've just changed from April 2000 to a September 2003 facelift. Playing a CD without the aerial up on the old car was easy. I've just tried your suggestion on my new one and the bloody aerial still comes up  s:!: :!: s:!:  Perhaps I'm missing something.

kanujunkie

heres the wiring diagram. Your looking at the black wire in the bottom left.
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Just a nod to GSB and others for pointing out what's possible. I've now done this to my '2, and it's still recent enough to be fun to test it's still working when stuck in traffic en route to work!! Cheers.

n

Anonymous

Quote from: "roger"Excellent idea, but what are you doing with a "Passenger Widow"   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Going out on a shaky limb: I believe the "Passenger Widow Disabler" removes the passenger's spouse's ability to die, much like a cheat code grants immortality in a PS2 game.

Anonymous

Quote from: "GSB"The passenger window disable switch fitted to the dash by the steering wheel... Anyone ever actually use it? No.

Actually, it's a handy switch. I use it all the time.  When I fart, I press on that button and prevents her from winding the window down....so yes..it's handy.
And the other safety function for it is if your car is drowning down some lake, that button enables you to manually push the window down if you don't have the means to smash the window... that's what I've been told at least.... haven't had the chance to confirm it underwater.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dangly"for it is if your car is drowning down some lake, that button enables you to manually push the window down if you don't have the means to smash the window... that's what I've been told at least.... haven't had the chance to confirm it underwater.

Hmmm Really?? Sound fishy to me?

enid_b

okies, im doing the passenger window - aerial switch thingy.

i cut the obvious orange wire. but it had no effect.

does anyone know which orange wire to cut....?

i am thinking that its the other orange wire- this is pre ISO adaptor ie part of the cars wiring as opposed to the stereo wiring (the bit that comes out of the floor before any connectors?

is this the right one, if not which one do i need,  thanks.

im in the middle of the job so a quick answer would make my day.

many thanks
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

enid_b

Task is now complete.  It was the BLUE wire in the ISO loom. ie the bit you plug into the wires that are attached to the car.

snip the blue one, wire it up to the passenger window switch and away you go.

this one is super easy, when you get the right wire, and i am very pleased with the result, as there is nothing worse than an aerial that is always up.  IMHO i think it makes the car look like a remote control one.

thumbs up, and if you need guidance, drop me a line.

E
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

Anonymous

Re:
Quote from: "enid_b"Task is now complete.  It was the BLUE wire in the ISO loom. ie the bit you plug into the wires that are attached to the car.

snip the blue one, wire it up to the passenger window switch and away you go.

this one is super easy, when you get the right wire, and i am very pleased with the result, as there is nothing worse than an aerial that is always up.  IMHO i think it makes the car look like a remote control one.

thumbs up, and if you need guidance, drop me a line.

E

out of interest, what was the orange one you cut??   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

i would probably do this if the TA thing didnt work!

although i do use the switch in the yaris to stop my (very mature   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  )mates from shouting abuse at people we drive past   s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dangly"
Quote from: "GSB"The passenger window disable switch fitted to the dash by the steering wheel... Anyone ever actually use it? No.

Actually, it's a handy switch. I use it all the time.  When I fart, I press on that button and prevents her from winding the window down....so yes..it's handy.
And the other safety function for it is if your car is drowning down some lake, that button enables you to manually push the window down if you don't have the means to smash the window... that's what I've been told at least.... haven't had the chance to confirm it underwater.

I also find it handy at traffic lights as a reason NOT to pay for my windows being cleaned with an oily rag, simply use the disabled button on the centre console + gesture / swear until the lights change.

Tem

Quote from: "simonp"
Quote from: "Dangly"for it is if your car is drowning down some lake, that button enables you to manually push the window down if you don't have the means to smash the window... that's what I've been told at least.... haven't had the chance to confirm it underwater.

Hmmm Really?? Sound fishy to me?

I really doubt that. The switch only cuts power from the window motor. It makes no difference to the normal situation, when you're not running the window motor. Consider it equal to just removing the passenger side switch.

Then again, I guess it's possible that water could short the electrics so that the window motor keeps running the window closed and that switch could stop it. But even then, it has zero effect on the driver side window. Even then, I suppose it would be easier to undo the roof latches and open it, if it was closed in the first place.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: