Aerial Mast Run on issue

Started by stargazer30, August 12, 2015, 14:30

stargazer30

Hi Folks,

Has anyone solved the issue with mast run on when fixing the MR2 Aerial?

Basically this is where you install a brand new mast and nylon internals, the mast goes down okay but on the upward motion the motor runs on even when the aerial is fully up and grinds on the nylton thread.   Melting the end of the thread doesn't solve this issue, it seems to be caused as extra load on the motor once fully up or hitting the melted part doesn't cause the relay to switch off like it should.

I am thinking replace the relay or maybe its a new motor job, not sure?

David
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

Returner

Quote from: "stargazer30"Hi Folks,

Has anyone solved the issue with mast run on when fixing the MR2 Aerial?

Basically this is where you install a brand new mast and nylon internals, the mast goes down okay but on the upward motion the motor runs on even when the aerial is fully up and grinds on the nylton thread.   Melting the end of the thread doesn't solve this issue, it seems to be caused as extra load on the motor once fully up or hitting the melted part doesn't cause the relay to switch off like it should.

I am thinking replace the relay or maybe its a new motor job, not sure?

David

I replaced the mast with an OEM product off eBay cost 27.80 delivered and I worked a treat first time.Goes up and down as it should with no issues.

Tags: