Constant and switched sources around the rear bin?

Started by commievid, August 18, 2015, 21:56

commievid

Planning out heated seat install and it looks like my gubbins such as the relay will end up being in the rear bin area.

Just wondered if there's any sources for constant and switched power around the area that I can splice into. If not, then I'll at least use the cigarette as a switch, and worse comes to worse, get a wire from the battery.

According to the instructions (Waeco), it is a 15a fused constant, presumably to power it, a 5a fused switched, which I guess would activate the relay for the whole thing, so I guess wouldn't really use much power. The manual states 10a max usage.

I know most people just simply use the cigarette socket, and it would be reasonable by the looks of it. It's just that all of the wiring could be kept around the rear bin, so convenient if that could remain so.

There's a whole plethora of wires and connectors behind the passenger kick panel, with said wires going along the sill to the rear bin. There has to be something amongst them!

Many thanks in advance.

commievid

Ok, looks like behind the passenger footwell kick panel, the bottom connector with a thick black wire is constant, so possible to trace that back up to the rear bin and that's the source.

Just looking for a switched live now.

Tags: