abs wires/pinout, also teeth?

Started by stupink, December 24, 2015, 19:56

stupink

Not with the car at the moment but reading up on the installation of my traction control, need to tap to individual speed sensors, so the non-grounded signal wire from each abs sensor. I'm not even sure where abs ecu is? Is it attached to th pump under the frunk? Wire colours? Or better location to intercept the signal wires?
Also how many teeth on the wheels? Same front+rear?
2001 1ZZ turbo. 293hp home build all the way

mr-ed_smt

I think the ABS ECU is the red one up inside the drivers footwell (above that acc pedal)
[size=85]The never ending project - cherished daily driver, to fully-caged track toy![/size]

stupink

Thanks. Assuming no more detailed replies at least I have a starting point  s:) :) s:)

mr-ed_smt

On second thoughts I think it's the black one under the drivers side rear bin. The red one above the footwell is the VSC one (SMT only)
[size=85]The never ending project - cherished daily driver, to fully-caged track toy![/size]

stupink

Found a bit more info.. 48teeth. OEM location on a left hand drive is passenger footedly, so can't see they moved it and think yore right with drivers footwell.. no clue which wires yet

Anonymous

Front left

Positive light blue plug a pin 8
Negative pink plug a pin 2

Front right

Positive red plug a pin 3
Negative green plug a pin 9

Rear left

Positive yellow plug b pin 22
Negative brown plug b pin 9

Rear right

Positive black plug b pin 10
Negative white plug b pin 23

Hope that helps

stupink

spot on, perfect  s:) :) s:)    can't wait to get it installed.. may just have to do it tomorrow haha.. spend the day with your loved ones they say  s:D :D s:D

stupink

All wired up, but ABS light is on...  

Is there a reset for the ABS light? or once the "fault" is fixed it goes out? I know nothing about this system frustratingly, so a bit hard to fault find as I don't know how it behaves.

A few options, while spinning up wheels by hand with the car jacked and power on it didn't like that and tripped it and there's no issue but I need to reset it.. I've had the battery off shortly, and driven back and forwards 10m or so but not road driven.

Second it doesn't like going to the positive and need to swap them all to negative..

Third it is being loaded up too much and I need to insert a resistor inline on the tap...

The fault codes are
31 FR sensor malfunction
33 RR sensor malfunction
34 RL sensor malfunction
41 low voltage
49 open circuit stop light switch (tested brakelights, working, assume same switch)

I suspect 41 and 49 are old codes or just weird hoojimaflips that will go away and that its sensor faults causing the light...

Anyone know the system well enough to recommend a good fault finding method, whether its worth a test drive etc..

Anonymous

Pm me an email and I'll send you some info. The abs sensors are the same as the crank sensor and are a inductive sensor.

stupink

PM on way,,,
I'm leaning towards its all okay and it just didn't like the wheels being spun up one at a time, seems you need to drive a bit further than the 10m I did to make the light go out once all is okay.. i'll test drive tomorrow, didn't fancy it xmas day in the dark, can't see many people being keen to come rescue me  s:D :D s:D

stupink

All sorted.. light went out on driving  s:) :) s:)  gonna update my build thread.

Tags: