Audio Upgrade

Started by Essex2Visuvesi, August 4, 2016, 18:32

The Other Stu

Quote from: "vx220"
Quote from: "Essex2Visuvesi"The Bose/Panasonic system in the RX8 is pretty good too.
I just want to improve whats there and quality components and a decent head unit are a good start

My little active sub, together with amped components in well-deadened doors was miles better than the Buy Other Sound Equipment in the RX (at least with the roof up!)

My next system (in the Roadster I put a deposit on today, pick it up next week) will hopefully be even better. When mine got stolen, I was in the middle of upgrading to a fully active system with time alignment and a mega EQ.

The BOSE systems are good, but a well installed aftermarket system (mine only cost about £450ish) will monster it.

Loving forward to door-deadening, I find that very therapeutic!
The BOSE system in my Mokka is absolutely pants.

To the point where only a year later, they entirely re-engineered the entire system, moving the speakers around the car, completely changing the phased crossovers and installing a proper sub.

It's not a joke when I say many tunes on the radio, you can't actually hear the singing, because they've managed to almost entirely EQ it out.
Fellas with high voices and women with low voices are the worst.

Thing is, there are very few settings too - only a treble and bass (and it's the mid that's missing).

My £100 cheap chinese android head unit and the alpine speakers (albeit entirely deadened doors) sound a thousand times better.
It was to the point where I thought it was me and I went for a hearing test!
No Longer Here

Tags: