JSpec MR-S 1999 & OBD Port Solar Battery Charger

Started by MattRoberts, November 13, 2016, 17:11

MattRoberts

Hi All,

Just a few quick questions. I'm thinking about buying a Solar Battery Charger that trickle charges the battery using the sun as my battery runs down due to no regular use of my JSpec MR-S from 1999. My questions are:

1)Im pretty sure i've found the obd port on my car. It appears to be near the footwell on the drivers side, just under the dash. Is this correct?

2)If I connect the Solar Battery Charger that has a OBD connector to the above OBD connector, will it work? The reason I ask is the "power pin out" of a euro/uk odb port different from a JSpec? I've read on here that diagnostic readers don't work on a Jspec, but just wandering if the power pin is the same, thus I can still charge through the OBD.

3)Anyone using a Solar Battery Charger on their MR-S on here? Which one do you recommend? Im in the UK by he way.

Thanks in advance for any help.

brettfield999

I can't answer the other questions but yes the OBD port is below on the right of the steering wheel
[strike]2000 Blue PFL MR2 Roadster with 187K, engine blown[/strike]<br />[strike]2000 Blue MRS, 80K[/strike]<br />[strike]2001 Blue PFL MR2 Roadster 131K, 2ZZ,[/strike]<br />[strike]2003 Silver FL MR2 Roadster with 81K now daily driver, 2ZZ by Headcase[/strike]

Tags: