MBQ PB12 - Any good?

Started by jvanzyl, November 17, 2016, 13:31

jvanzyl

Hey folks,
does anyone have any experience with one of these?
 m http://www.mbqaudio.com/index.php?m=pro ... id=18&l=en m

They are only £75 on eBay...

shnazzle

Don't know but the MBQ AW-600D is carbon copy of my InPhase USW-10 which I'm really impressed with. So I suspect the pb12 won't be far off
...neutiquam erro.

jvanzyl

hmmm.... ok fair enough.. thanks for that.

Out of interest, I'm guessing you've got a nifty bracket setup to hold in somewhere in the car?

shnazzle

Quote from: "jvanzyl"hmmm.... ok fair enough.. thanks for that.

Out of interest, I'm guessing you've got a nifty bracket setup to hold in somewhere in the car?

hmm..."nifty" is prob not the best word  s:D :D s:D
But yes. I used some brackets from B&Q to make some brackets. And a sponge packed behind it to sit it tight and stop vibrations. With the intention to make a proper bracket for it and lift it another inch or so...some day.... haha. that day has not come.
Been there for over a year so...can't complain  s:) :) s:)

I did have it bolted onto a bracket in the car which sheered clean off not too long ago.
 l viewtopic.php?f=31&t=56260&start=30#p659605 l  

Luckily the bolt you see on that pic sticking out of the car turned out to be a perfect mounting bolt for that black plastic bracket that came with the USW-10  s:D :D s:D
...neutiquam erro.

jvanzyl

Result! I'm in the process now of setting up a nice eBay string that will hopefully trawl for some second hand underseat subs... £150 whilst not masses is still a bit of money I'm not keen on spending! (for a USW-10 anyway)

vx220

Where are you thinking of hiding the MBQ? It's quite a lump!

jvanzyl

oh? erm... under the seat/ under the dash ... last resort would be behind the chair on it's edge??

shnazzle

Under seat is a no go. You've got about an inch of space there.

It might be a bit bulky for under dash.
Tis looking like flat on bottom of bin

I had it behind the passenger chair when I first got it. The bass was nowhere near as good and the passenger seat won't go back as far. Annoying.
...neutiquam erro.

Tags: