Head unit

Started by OXO, March 5, 2017, 22:09

OXO

Hi,
Can anyone recommend a Head unit with the following that will fit my MR2 Mk3 2001 model.

Tilt screen
sat nav
CD
MP3 player
Dab radio
Reversing camera
dash cam
and anything else ?

The most important thing is the size so it will fit.
Thanks
Mick

beavisrules

Id recommend getting something simpler , I specifically couldn't imagine a touch screen in my '2 it's just too bumpy and not in a great place.
Had a real nice JVC unit , but if your hand was near operating its joystick thing the road bumps would make it choose a menu or selection you didn't want.

I might be the only one , I like to be able to use it without looking.
 I do use satnav a fair bit , my sony z3 compact fits perfect in the dash flap.

size wise any double DIN will fit , make sure you keep the factory sony radio surround when you remove it.
Or 2 single DIN. Often fancied putting something '80s in , like a extra amp/equaliser separates.

or go on ebay and search for sat nav dab dvd double din head units. 140 will get you a android unit that potentially does everything.
maybe the pioneer/alpine/clarion that are £600+ are different to what I've used , but I'll never know.

shnazzle

Quote from: "beavisrules"a touch screen in my '2 it's just too bumpy and not in a great place.

This. I know it doesn't answer your question and I know we should keep our opinions to ourselves, but I did find my touch screen unit very difficult to see with the top down, let alone use. You have to look closely and lean over to press something. Quite unsafe.
You do mention a tilt, which might help with that.

I opted for a "simple" double din Bluetooth unit with a remote stalk by my steering wheel. It's been perfect.

But, I do miss having the screen integrated for my reversing camera.
I've survived  s:) :) s:)  

I guess this post is not helpful at all haha
...neutiquam erro.

Tags: