Dial Overlays

Started by Fin, June 6, 2017, 14:07

Fin

A couple of years ago, I managed to pretty much kill my dials. I bought a Lazer Overlay set from Visual Performance, which has now died.
I have found a couple of sites, since I've been searching for a replacement:
Visual Performance (again), and
Moman over in Poland.
Lockwood don't seem to do anything for us, stopping at the MK2   s:( :( s:(  

So far, I prefer the look of the MoMan dials, especially since I can adjust the appearance a bit.
I need something like the lazer overlays, having killed the lights on my original, does anyone know of any other sites I can have a look at, before I pull the trigger on one?

This is the best I've found so far (for my taste anyway   s:) :) s:)  )

http://moman.pl/eu/konfigurator.php?item=386
The Sun is out, the sky is blue,
The roof is down on my MR2,
And I\'m grinning, grinning ear to ear!

Topdownman

The cost of the moman ones adds up with postage, custom dial and fees.

There are these ones to consider too;

m http://www.metal-monkey.co.uk/mr2-mk3-140mph.html m
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Fin

I did look at those, but I preferred the look of the moman ones. I have seen pictures of the Metal Monkey ones looking much better in people's cars, but they seem a bit dull on the site. I can't find a way to customise them a bit more on the site   s:? :? s:?

Topdownman

As long as you know about them. The only other ones I know of are the plasma dials which I think look good at night but not so good during the day!

I went with the moman ones as overall I think they are the best. I went with the small hole ones as I didnt want a white bit showing on the black dial. If you do go for them, make sure you stick the new dials on with lots of tape around the needle holes though as otherwise the new fascia springs up and the extra thickness catches on the needle centres and the dials dont work properly and jump up in big steps/dont go down smoothly. I had to take mine off and stick down again and taking them off damaged some of the led lights.
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Fin

Okay, I think I'll go with the Moman ones. They work out at about £80, not too shabby!!
Thanks for the heads-up about sticking them down, I'll remember to do that (hopefully!)  s:D :D s:D

Tags: