FL Front Fogs not working

Started by steveash, July 20, 2017, 17:09

steveash

I just reassembled the front end and checked the lights to find the front fog lamps don't work. They may not have worked before as I have only driven the car twice. I waggled wires, checked with a new set of bulbs and the fuse looks fine but the no lamp or dashboard light comes on. Where is the next logical place to look? The switch?

Justin.D

The fuse may look fine, but it may not be. I'd replace rather than assume. Just swap for a known working one to start with
Click for my Readers Ride

steveash

Quote from: "Justin.D"The fuse may look fine, but it may not be. I'd replace rather than assume. Just swap for a known working one to start with

A very good point. I swapped over with another 15A fuse and it still wasn't working. I double checked and found that they wouldn't be part of its impending MOT so put the bumper back on. Whereupon both fogs started to work. I'm wondering if the connections are all a bit gunged up as the car has been sitting for a few months and had little use with the previous owner. I also noticed when I turn on the rear fogs some of the other dashboard lights sometimes turn off so there must be a short somewhere. By the way it behaves I'm thinking the problem may be the stork. Are these fairly easy to replace?

steveash

Tried to start her yesterday and everything became clear. It looks like the battery has given up. It struggled to turn over the engine and was charged up fully in about 20 minutes and still struggling. Hopefully a new one will sort solve everything and I don't have gremlins in the wires!

Tags: