advice wanted for under Dash Sub options

Started by BigMick, December 12, 2018, 15:59

BigMick

Hi,

I see on a search of the forum some have under dash subwoofers fitted, ive never come across this before and ive found a few vague threads mentioning the inphase usw10 and some mentiond dating back to early to mid 2000s on an american forum of some rectangle ones,  does anyone have any current underseat sub models of active subs that they have fitted that can be hidden in the dash somewhere without them poking out and taking up too much room in the cabin, preferabily with pictures of roughly where it is fitted because I am struggling to envision where it would actually fit and how large the space is to fit it in, Ideally I dont really want to spend more than £100 on one, i am just finding the audio a little lacking of bass.

thanks in advance,

Mick
RED 2004 Roadster, tte Skirts, tte Exhaust, Toyota GB lip Spoiler, Rota GT3 wheels, lowered 30mm.

Topdownman

I think I have a picture of my kenwood one in my readers ride thread.
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

BahnStormer

There's a few threads recommending the In Phase USW10, but I've only ever seen it advertised as "under seat", so I assume people are fabricating their own mount points - similar to the Kenwood install that @Topdownman  did.

The USW10 is ~£110 on eBay / £150 on Amazon...

I'm not a fan of extra amps and subs in a lightweight car and I've had a decidedly underwhelming experience with the smaller, under seat, active subs, but that was 20 yrs ago, the USW10 is active (built in amp) and does seem to get very positive reviews everywhere, so I am seriously considering one.

Any idea if they will fit under a FL MR2 seat or if this is under-dash install only?
Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

shnazzle

Nope it's under-dash only. Unless you want to install it in the rear bins, or if you never or hardly carry passengers, you can bolt it onto the firewall below the bins behind the seat.
But yes, the USW10 is indeed rather punchy. I've had it for years now and still very happy with it. Having heard other competing similar sized active subs, the Usw10 definitely wins.

A good head unit is key as well though, but that's obvious
...neutiquam erro.

BigMick

Quote from: Topdownman on December 12, 2018, 16:49

that looks very tight in there being rectangle, does it not catch on your shoes when you are driving dude?
RED 2004 Roadster, tte Skirts, tte Exhaust, Toyota GB lip Spoiler, Rota GT3 wheels, lowered 30mm.

Call the midlife!

Quote from: BigMick on December 13, 2018, 09:17

that looks very tight in there being rectangle, does it not catch on your shoes when you are driving dude?
He only has very small feet, unusual for a man of his stature...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60% of the time it works everytime...

Topdownman

No problem with driving although it is near!
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Topdownman

Quote from: Call the midlife! on December 13, 2018, 10:38

I still like to wear normal size shoes though.....
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

BigMick

Quote from: Topdownman on December 13, 2018, 10:47

lol no worries, thanks dude.  :D

Call the midlife!

Quote from: BigMick on December 14, 2018, 10:22
Quote from: Topdownman on December 13, 2018, 10:47

lol no worries, thanks dude.  :D
I've got the same sub but mine's up higher than Simon's after moving some parts around. And I've got size 10-11 feet with no problems, just make sure you use some anti vibration mounts and nylocs or similar to prevent your nuts falling off.

BigMick

andyroo104

I have one of the Kenwood subs brand new never used still boxed that I will be putting up for sale soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

Superluminal

I was reading through this and window shopping - there are good deals on at the moment at Caraudiocentre:

https://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/category_m-underseat-subwoofers_c-2741.htm

The Kenwood is £95, USW10 is £100, and a small Pioneer is £100.

Mods - i hope that this is ok, I've no link to the shop, just trying to be helpful.

shnazzle

Absolutely fine and actually, I meant to post thr deal for the USW10.
99 quid is more than half off.
I love mine
...neutiquam erro.

Call the midlife!

I've had a couple of things from them, always good service if they've actually got the item in stock.

Tags: