Blinking car stereo

Started by Gatouzze, January 2, 2019, 13:19

Gatouzze

Hi,

I have an issue with my 2 since installing the DRL fog lights from GarageFiftyNine...

They do work great and I really like the look but now my car stereo light is flashing when I push the brake pedal.

The stereo is set to dim when I turn the lights on and it does not flash when the light is dimmed... not sure my explanation is understandable but you can see the issue in the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvfOC1FCXcs

I checked the brake lights and they do work fine even when the stereo is flashing due to pressing the brake pedal.

When I turn the light on the stereo dim and the flashing stop as seen in the video.

The fog lights are connected to the wiper motor as seen in the How To but I haven't connected the cable which stops the DRL when turning on the lights.

I am not very good with everything electrical but I would say there is a mass somewhere and I cannot figure out where it can be as I haven't touch anything related to the brake pedal except for the rear lights fuse...

Thank you for your help!

Gatouzze

An update on this issue.

I played with the dim settings of the stereo and when the dim is off the stereo does not flash anymore so the issue is more likely linked to the brake pedal.

This morning when I arrived at work I removed the key from the ignition while pressing the pedal and the car did the light noise by intermittent like the lights are on then off then on and again.

Do you think it could related to the fog light installation or a false contact on the brake which makes the car thinks the lights are on?

That DRL in the fog lights start only when the key is fully turned even when the car has started.

Gatouzze

Good news the problem is solved!  :D

I feel a bit stupid regarding this issue... the driver rear bulb brake filament was damaged and was touching the rear light filament which and the brake thought I was turning on the lights when braking...

I didn't think of checking the bulb before as my girlfriend told me both brake lights were working correctly but someone pointed out the fact that the drive one was working...

I changed the bulb and now everything works as expected! ^^

Davey P

Always good when an annoying problem turns out to have a simple solution, well done mate.

Gatouzze

Thank you for your message! :)

I am glad it was something this easy really but it was the first time seeing a bulb the way it was!  ::)

Tags: