My solution for the bin lorry beeping

Started by Yellowicken, June 7, 2019, 21:20

Yellowicken

To choose if engaging reverse beeps or not I spliced a switch into the wire that goes live when reverse is selected.
The red/blue wire was identified elsewhere on this site by people who know these things.
The switch in the coin slot looks a bit clunky but with the long arm my fingers find it very easily without looking and the car remains 'standard'.
I now try to leave it working but if I want it to shut it up I can.
The photo of the wiring is looking from above the instrument cluster and you can see my wires heading down to the switch.
No more car park embarrassment [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ardent

StuC

PFL FTW no silly reverse beeps to contend with in the first place.

Nice idea to have it controllable though. Good job. :)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

househead

Nice. Thanks for following up on that! There is a now a choice of solutions for the reverse beeping. I've not modded this yet but it's on my list.

My current fave is probably the timed relay but I can see situations where I would prefer it not to beep at all. It would be nice to proactively turn it off when stealth parking.

Possible I might try and combine the switch and the timed relay.... 3 beeps ordinarily but the option to turn it off before/during [emoji123]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2004 Sable Red Edition, TTE Twin Exhaust, Toyosports Manifold

m1tch

ManInDandism

Never understood why people get hung up about the beeping anyways - but I guess cos we are all individuals.

An array of such noises from more modern car going forward as well as backwards if they've got parking sensors!
Black 2004 Roadster
Previous: Black 1994 Mk2 Turbo

shnazzle

Quote from: ManInDandism on June 25, 2019, 17:14Never understood why people get hung up about the beeping anyways - but I guess cos we are all individuals.

An array of such noises from more modern car going forward as well as backwards if they've got parking sensors!
It's just so LOUD!

It has a damn beep for everything. No need.
...neutiquam erro.

Carolyn

I always prided myself that my JDM car manged perfectly well without doing any beeping.

Then, one day, I noticed a missing fuse in the box by the passenger door.  Out of curiosity, I put a fuse in the slot.

BEEP BEEP DING DING.

Fuse promptly came back out.

Body Control Module, I believe. 
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

Tags: