celica stereo

Started by tony=m=, July 5, 2019, 13:35

tony=m=

am i right in thinking that a celica stereo + many others will fit the mr2? anyone have a bigger list than i have as to what will fit?

the reason i ask is because i want this stereo that's fitted in this celica , it is out of a avensis so just need to clarify that it will fit the mr2 as i know celica ones do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-IHthXpzsA
Nothing is impossible when you don't know what you are talking about.

StuC

Can you get the seller to measure the unit? You have the size of the head unit I sent as a basis.
If the box fits in the space, it might just be a case of creating new brackets.

There was a step away from standard DIN sized units, to help bring insurance premiums down. I am not sure if this unit you want falls into that scope.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

tony=m=

yeah i can do , although ive not found a seller yet :) but the stereo is out of a 03-09 avensis, i spoke to one guy and he said "the slot for the radio/ satnav is smaller on a celica these wont fit" but that one in the vid is in a celica ? unless it was modded to fit i guess :)

tricky1138

It certainly looks like it "should" fit.

There was someone on here selling a GT86 Nav unit, that looked very similar to that.
And that was fitted to his MR2 - so it look like Toyota kept the radio size the same for years.

I also know that my 2002 RAV4 stereo was the same size as the facelift MR2.

Hope that helps.
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

tony=m=

yeah deffo helps , thanks :) i've been hunting the interweb and found quite a few with this in the description "Toyota MR2 CELICA RAV4 LAND CRUISER AVENSIS B9010 SAT NAV NAVIGATION" so i might take a punt and buy one as the android thing i got from ebay was rubbish , came with two left brackets so i could not even mount it lol and andorid 6.0 not 8.1 also would not connect to my wifi or my phones hotspot thing, so on the hunt again for a decent unit :)

StuC

Quote from: tony=m= on July  5, 2019, 14:34yeah deffo helps , thanks :) i've been hunting the interweb and found quite a few with this in the description "Toyota MR2 CELICA RAV4 LAND CRUISER AVENSIS B9010 SAT NAV NAVIGATION" so i might take a punt and buy one as the android thing i got from ebay was rubbish , came with two left brackets so i could not even mount it lol and andorid 6.0 not 8.1 also would not connect to my wifi or my phones hotspot thing, so on the hunt again for a decent unit :)

Buy cheap buy twice. Lol.

thetyrant

My 2 came with the GT86 nav unit fitted which ive since sold and refitted the fisherprice oem unit, the 86 hu was fitted by previous owner and was kind of just wedged in place but could of been made to fit better if needed, but i found it pointless having a nav unit in the stock MR2 console position as its far to low down meaning you need to look down to view it, on the GT86 (ive had 2) its much higher up in the dash and easier to glance at if required,  i guess the audio prompts might be useful but i switch them off and just use a nav for map reference mostly.

Ex-2005 roadster  owner, i will be back :D

tony=m=

yeah i see your point although it was not so much for the sat nav more for playing mp3's , i looked at this also which should fit and plays mp3's :)

StuC

If it's just to play mp3's Does it have to be a Toyota unit?
Or is your thinking that a secondhand OE unit will be cheaper?

tony=m=

yeah pretty much just for mp3's , yeah the more stock looking the better as i often just park the car with the roof off and leave it while out and about on foot :) stock are not as cheap as i thought , although not silly prices but not cheap either :P

paulj

One alternative would be to stick with your original head unit and buy a FM Bluetooth transmitter.  I got the Tecknet F36 and it does a reasonable job at playing all my music or streamed radio from my phone.  Purists might quibble at the sound quality but its good enough played loud with the roof down.
Today
2000 x reg pfl - blue - as original no mods
In the late 1980's
1982 x reg Toyota Corolla Liftback Coupe (also blue)
1978 s reg Mitsubishi Celeste Coupe (yellow)

tony=m=

my phone is a phone although i do use it for sat nav sometimes :) , but i had a transmitter in the wifes car a while back and the sound quailty was doo doo :P i bought the one below , not the wisest choice considering where its mounted in the 2 but f'it :)

model of stereo is TNS700 ,or B9010 in the UK.

tony=m=

Just finished installing the stereo above , went in pretty easy with no modding needed , not been out yet to test the sat nav but seems to work just fine , need to get them litte side pieces to fill the gaps , it's nice and loud with two diff colour settings (green and orange) and three diff tilt settings before it fully opens which gives you a good angle for the sat nav although not ideal because of where it is, other than that very happy with it :) just need to fit my aftermarket speakers now.

lights on

Tags: