Leccy arial problem with after market head unit.

Started by Anonymous, April 4, 2005, 09:53

Anonymous

I install my pioneer screen last weekend, all went fine except the leccy arial wont go up when i select 'tuner' and therefore Im getting a bad signal.   s:? :? s:?  

Anyone had this problem when installing their hu? any1 know the solution.

ta peeps   s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

Yep, if it was like mine, you'll need to join the two blue & white wires together on the Pioneer loom. Mine came disconnected and required connecting before the aerial received a signal.

I ended up putting a switch in between the two wires on the loom so that I could manually activate the aerial.

Anonymous

yeah thats cool mate i jus sorted it.

Jus one more question, now that i have attached the blue and whit wires together the arial goes up as soon as the head unit comes on unlike the standard sony unit where the arial on went up when the tuner was in use, anyway to get it to do this on the pioneer unit?

Thanks mate   s8) 8) s8)

SimonC_Here

Could it be to do with Traffic announcement being on and needing the arial up?

The "Fisher Price" HU in the new model kept the arial up at most times!

Simon

Anonymous

I dont have TA on mate so it couldnt be that   s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

That's why I put a switch in between. I think it only retained the aerial up / down when only on Tuner with certain Sony headunits. I sourced a switch from my local jap suppliers and wired it between the blue and white wires and replaced the coin holder with it (as shown here).

aaronjb

Quote from: "Hanslow"I think it only retained the aerial up / down when only on Tuner with certain Sony headunits.

FWIW, my Apline (2-3 year old mp3 headunit) leaves the aerial up full-time too.

One of these days I should really plug the aerial into the headunit so I can actually listen to the radio  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

darrenjuggins

Hi,

With any sony head until fitted you can make the ariel go down whilst playing a CD by not having the TA on, its probably different with diffternt head units, but i do like that feature as it allows me to make the car look better with the roof down whilst playing CD's.

Cheers

Darren
Darren A. Juggins

GSB

Quote from: "Hanslow"That's why I put a switch in between. I think it only retained the aerial up / down when only on Tuner with certain Sony headunits. I sourced a switch from my local jap suppliers and wired it between the blue and white wires and replaced the coin holder with it (as shown here).

You could also use the shockingly useless passenger window disable switch to do the same thing.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Ahh, but I like to annoy the missus by killing her window  s;) ;) s;)  I get some sense of perverse power trip control thing going on   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Ahh i see well it took  me a week to sort this and it was relativly simple so I should be able to sort out a switch by xmas.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

cheers for all the replys.

Anonymous

Could you attach the passenger window disable switch to the Aerial and keep it wired into the window disable too?

I haven't thought this through at all and not sure why anyone would want to   s:? :? s:?  

... window enabled > aerial down, window disabled > aerial up

.... no ....

... window enabled > aerial up, window disabled > aerial down

hmmm - TAXI for TiMr2

Tags: