Fitting a small fuse box?

Started by Scooby250, August 28, 2019, 17:22

Scooby250

Hi,

As I have mentioned in another topic on here I am looking at fitting Mazda RX8 seats into my 2. I have managed to fit the passenger seat with very few problems but now I need to work out how to fit the drivers seat which is completely electrical. So I was thinking can I instal my own small fuse box so I can wire in my driver seat controls of it's own fuse, the heated seats of a fuse and a small alpine under seat powered sub. Does anyone know if this is likely to work as I would only need to get the one large cable through to run these items. I have attached a photo of the wiring diagram for the electric seatsYou cannot view this attachment.
2005 Sable FL, 2zz engine, Cobra quad exhaust, Malian sports cat, TRD spoiler, tte/gb body kit, T-Sport Leather Seats, 17" Rial TX Alloys, Toyo Proxie TR1, KYB shocks and Tein springs

Carolyn

No reason on earth why it wouldn't work.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

Ozzy

Should work as I did something similer to one of my other cars.

Ebay has loads of small fuse boxes. I brought one for around £6 which was pretty good. It came with a clear waterproof cover and it had little red LEDs for each fuse to show if it's blown or not. Just makes life that little bit easier and I stuck labels on the wires and wrote what they were for, so I knew incase I ever forgot.

Looking forward to see how you get on as I always liked the RX8 seats. Did the seat rails need modifying fit? And can they still be moved forward and back?

shnazzle

Quote from: Carolyn on August 28, 2019, 17:55No reason on earth why it wouldn't work.
Quote from: Carolyn on August 28, 2019, 17:55No reason on earth why it wouldn't work.
I see what you did there...positively clever
...neutiquam erro.

Scooby250

Quote from: Ozzy on August 30, 2019, 15:31Should work as I did something similer to one of my other cars.

Ebay has loads of small fuse boxes. I brought one for around £6 which was pretty good. It came with a clear waterproof cover and it had little red LEDs for each fuse to show if it's blown or not. Just makes life that little bit easier and I stuck labels on the wires and wrote what they were for, so I knew incase I ever forgot.

Looking forward to see how you get on as I always liked the RX8 seats. Did the seat rails need modifying fit? And can they still be moved forward and back?

The passenger one I cut off all original Mazda fixing plates then cut apart the original MR2 rails and positioned them onto the RX8 seat rails. Drilled bolted and riveted them into the correct position then gave them a coat of black paint.
Bolted it into the original MR2 fixing positions and it slides forward and backwards no problem just had to bend the angle of the seat belt buckle as in original position it would get stuck with the seat rotating forward to be able to get to the luggage boxes.
Just need to sort the drivers side electrics out as the seat will not adjust without power to it. I will also do the heated seats on both sides at this point as well.
I'm taking the car off the road end of next month so will work on electrics, seats, under seat sub and tte skirts during the autumn/winter time.
2005 Sable FL, 2zz engine, Cobra quad exhaust, Malian sports cat, TRD spoiler, tte/gb body kit, T-Sport Leather Seats, 17" Rial TX Alloys, Toyo Proxie TR1, KYB shocks and Tein springs

Tags: