Battery recommendations

Started by tricky1138, September 4, 2019, 19:47

shnazzle

Quote from: tricky1138 on November 24, 2019, 09:02
Quote from: shnazzle on November 24, 2019, 08:48Following on from above;
I need a new battery, but I have conflicting interests.
1) I'd like a light weight, like an Oddysey, or hell, even something like what @Petrus  is running.
2) I have a subwoofer, heated seats, radio, etc and it's a daily. So I'm guessing I need something with a bit more oomph?

The car hardly ever stands unused for more than 2 days over the weekend. And even then it tends to go out at least once. It's a hard-used daily. So, I don't need it to be able hold a charge for weeks. If I do leave, I can put it on a trickle.

Suggestions?

Even for them options I'd still go with the Yuasa. If you don't need the extra capacity of the silver, they do a cheaper 3053 which might be lighter.

You have to sacrifice something, lightness or capacity. You decide?!
I have the halfords hb53 now and I think the Yuasa is quite a bit heavier. So the Yuasa needs to add a lot of benefit to go for it
...neutiquam erro.

Petrus

Quote from: tricky1138 on November 24, 2019, 09:02You have to sacrifice something, lightness or capacity. You decide?!

I have a 0.8 kilo battery, 110/130W headlight bulbs, an underdrive alternator pullye and leave the car for days to a week.
Sofar óne flat bettery when I left the door ajar...

If key off current is an issue it is a solution to plug in a small solar panel or a trickle charger.

I´d go for 10 kilo weight saving. Surprise! ;-)

shnazzle

Quote from: Petrus on November 24, 2019, 10:11
Quote from: tricky1138 on November 24, 2019, 09:02You have to sacrifice something, lightness or capacity. You decide?!

I have a 0.8 kilo battery, 110/130W headlight bulbs, an underdrive alternator pullye and leave the car for days to a week.
Sofar óne flat bettery when I left the door ajar...

If key off current is an issue it is a solution to plug in a small solar panel or a trickle charger.

I´d go for 10 kilo weight saving. Surprise! ;-)
But will it be able to drive the coilpacks properly with all my electric gubbins?
...neutiquam erro.

Petrus

Quote from: shnazzle on November 24, 2019, 10:47But will it be able to drive the coilpacks properly with all my electric gubbins?

1. It´s a 90 amps alternator, so it´s easy enough to figure out.
2. I installed a Voltmeter in case it was not so easy ;-)

Idling it reads 14.2V with the headlights and fan on.

shnazzle

So LiFePO4 is out I think. Not realistic for me because of either capacity or price. 

Oddysey PC680 is interesting. Still 5kg lighter than stock. 
But which one for my needs. Extreme 25 or 30?
Aby higher and I'd rather go Yuasa or Bosch and have a bit of extra capacity
...neutiquam erro.

Tags: