Calling all Pioneer HU owners!

Started by BahnStormer, November 12, 2019, 19:11

BahnStormer

If you have been contemplating if a steering remote, then these are nearly half price... completely surplus to requirement really... but it looks like now is the time if you ever wanted one....

Search for "Pioneer CD-SR110 remote", if this link doesn't work...

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000N9FJ0Y/?coliid=I177UG2MUNVNWA&colid=2BKO4BFK448K4&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

BahnStormer

Yeah - I think the seller has thrown the word "Bluetooth" in there that has created general confusion between controlling Bluetooth functions (skip track in Spotify / Google Music) and Bluetooth connectivity... it's IR to will need something close to line of sight... I'll be sure to post a negative review if the remote doesn't work from the back seats ;)

Personally, I'm getting one and planning to mount it near the coin slot, so I can change Band / skip tracks without having to lean forward at all... if I ever need nav / phone controls, I just do those on the phone... the people in the back seats will just have to live with my choice of music....
Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

Bossworld

Sony RM-X4S works well with Pioneer headunits

BahnStormer

Quote from: Bossworld on November 12, 2019, 23:58Sony RM-X4S works well with Pioneer headunits
Nice tip, thanks. I do prefer those stalks to the remote-style things.

househead

Quote from: BahnStormer on November 13, 2019, 13:47
Quote from: Bossworld on November 12, 2019, 23:58Sony RM-X4S works well with Pioneer headunits

Same, they don't move position when you turn the wheel for one thing! I have the Sony unit above, good to know it's not restricted to just the Sony units
2004 Sable Red Edition, TTE Twin Exhaust, Toyosports Manifold

BahnStormer

Quote from: househead on November 13, 2019, 13:55
Quote from: BahnStormer on November 13, 2019, 13:47

Same, they don't move position when you turn the wheel for one thing! I have the Sony unit above, good to know it's not restricted to just the Sony units

Yeah - mine's not going on the wheel! I'm thinking most likely on some velcro next to / in place of the coin slot... that way I can hand it to the passenger (usually one of my kids - aged 4-8 years old), so they keep their fingers away from the gear lever and any important controls... then they can skip around the tracks to their hearts' content.

Bossworld

I tried having the handheld credit card style remote instead and I couldn't remember the button placements by feel. The steering wheel version looks more intuitive at least

Tags: