alarm with roof down?

Started by bishop130771, May 30, 2020, 10:06

bishop130771

Can I lock car with roof down without the risk of it going off ie is it just motion sensitive and not triggered by movement in the cockpit

shnazzle

Quote from: bishop130771 on May 30, 2020, 10:06Can I lock car with roof down without the risk of it going off ie is it just motion sensitive and not triggered by movement in the cockpit
There's a few different modes but yes it can be quite sensitive if, for example, you reach in and grab some something from the glove box. 

What I do is windows up, lock the glove compartment and press the lock button twice. I believe that disables the sonic triggers but keeps the switch triggers active (frunk, boot and doors).
...neutiquam erro.

bishop130771

Ah thanks Schnazzle, I'll try that

Bernie

Push the lock button 3 times and it deactivates the sensor
Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

Ardent

Every day is a school day.
Didn't know that.

Topdownman

I always thought it was one press to lock and set the alarm and the second press just added the door deadlocks as well.
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

tricky1138

1 press for door locks and all sensors.
2 press for door locks, dead locks and all sensors.
3 press for door locks, dead locks and interior sensors disabled.

I personally press twice in most situations even with the roof down. You can setup the sensitivity so that it won't go off unless someone reaches inside.
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

Ardent

StuC

Quote from: tricky1138 on May 30, 2020, 16:501 press for door locks and all sensors.
2 press for door locks, dead locks and all sensors.
3 press for door locks, dead locks and interior sensors disabled.

I personally press twice in most situations even with the roof down. You can setup the sensitivity so that it won't go off unless someone reaches inside.

What he said. :)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

shnazzle

Quote from: Bernie on May 30, 2020, 13:08Push the lock button 3 times and it deactivates the sensor
I was off by one click :) 

Sorry
...neutiquam erro.

Tags: