Brodit help

Started by bishop130771, June 11, 2020, 20:52

bishop130771

Can someone give me an idiots guide to fitting thi s please. the instructions are a bit vague...

Ozzy

I'm assuming you mean the phone holder thing?

If so, you use the little plastic pieces to make a gap in the trim, just left of the heater position dial. Bend at an angle if necessary to make the gap bigger and push the phone holder in. That's it.

ManInDandism

As I suggested in earlier thread - personally I decided was easier to remove the heater control panel than to try and pry it in the gap as per the instructions. So line the three dials up and pull the knobs off. This reveals two screws which need to be removed. You also need to pull the slider cover off just above the dials and a gentle tug on the panel will unclip it. 

Photo shows correct orientation of the Brodit Proclip base.
Black 2004 Roadster
Previous: Black 1994 Mk2 Turbo

bishop130771

thank you very much for the help...

SV-3

Quote from: bishop130771 on June 12, 2020, 15:17thank you very much for the help...
Are you using their "holder"? They seem very expensive.
'03 Mk3 Chilli Red (Avon ZV7's: 26F/32R)
Sony WX-920BT
"Hardtop Cognoscenti"
"Stock Cubed"
"AirCon Aficionado"
"Keeper of the Beeper"
Ex '88 Mk1b White (Yokohama A539's: 26F/28R)
"Here we all are, rumours and old toffee abound." John Martyn

ManInDandism

Quote from: SV-3 on June 12, 2020, 15:27
Quote from: bishop130771 on June 12, 2020, 15:17thank you very much for the help...

What are you using @SV-3 ? - it's all relative. I spent £16 on an air vent mount for my Garmin. Wobbled a bit which I could sort of live with but then it broke. I thought maybe I'd overtightened it so bought a second. Same thing happened within a few weeks then I read the reviews and found that they're made of cheese! The Brodit stuff is solid (have it in another car as well) so you get what you pay for here.
Black 2004 Roadster
Previous: Black 1994 Mk2 Turbo

SV-3

Quote from: ManInDandism on June 12, 2020, 15:55
Quote from: SV-3 on June 12, 2020, 15:27

What are you using @SV-3 ? - it's all relative. I spent £16 on an air vent mount for my Garmin. Wobbled a bit which I could sort of live with but then it broke. I thought maybe I'd overtightened it so bought a second. Same thing happened within a few weeks then I read the reviews and found that they're made of cheese! The Brodit stuff is solid (have it in another car as well) so you get what you pay for here.
Well, £16.99 for the ProClip is ok.
However, £69.99 for an Active holder seems a bit rich, even if it isn't made of cheese :D
'03 Mk3 Chilli Red (Avon ZV7's: 26F/32R)
Sony WX-920BT
"Hardtop Cognoscenti"
"Stock Cubed"
"AirCon Aficionado"
"Keeper of the Beeper"
Ex '88 Mk1b White (Yokohama A539's: 26F/28R)
"Here we all are, rumours and old toffee abound." John Martyn

househead

The Brodit holders and mounts are expensive but they are really well made and they're so much less hassle than the cheapo ones.

I baulked when spending the money on them (twice as I use them in both cars) but given I use the thing every time I use the cars, it's a reasonable price to pay for good workmanship.
2004 Sable Red Edition, TTE Twin Exhaust, Toyosports Manifold

Tags: