SWC for my head unit has arrived

Started by Mollydog, March 10, 2022, 15:59

Mollydog

Both the DVR and reversing cameras for the head unit had arrived and checked out they both work as they should, yesterday I had the SWC (steering wheel control) arrive, came to a tad over £15 all in (VAT, customs duty and P&P)

Went through the hoops to sync then to the head unit and now just waiting for some JW-WELD to fix the head unit brackets to the nav-pod, anyway here's a clip of the SWC in action

Unless I need to open up another app, there will be no need to ever touch the head unit, as the SWC will do all I need while driving

https://youtu.be/ynRn9wGsheQ 

Dev

Good to hear you got the remote working.

There is no way I could fit my head unit in the navpod like you have that has features I need as they are too long in the back unlike your short DIN. 
 However I found a solution that works with my larger iPhone using Bluetooth in the navpod where I can use the JVC app and have it display what is playing so I don't have to look at the main screen. Its almost like reverse mirroring and I can also control it by touch but my steering wheel control is better.

I just need to install a MagSafe charger so its easy to attach and detach without wires.

Tags: