Major oversteer issues

Started by maffiozo1234, January 12, 2023, 16:54

Ardent

Quote from: maffiozo1234 on January 13, 2023, 09:55Currently looking or a set of OEM wheels( if anybody has any) to bring the car closer to as it was.

I have a set of each. Distance probably the issue. But options open.

maffiozo1234

Quote from: Ardent on January 13, 2023, 16:40I have a set of each. Distance probably the issue. But options open.

Distance isnt a problem, only a few hours

ChrisGB

Hmm, where to start?

Work has been done in the subframe, so first port of call has to be a proper 4 wheel alignment.

A mix of tyres. I've had a Ford fiesta turned into a dangerously unstable oversteer monster by having mismatch front to rear. It was a complete handful On a 30mph roundabout. On a mid engine car it can only be worse.

Square setup. The original fitted sizes had wider rear than front. Same size as round will change the balance.

Tyre pressures. 17s will most likely have a different pressure requirement than the standard size. You'll get into the right area by referring to a load index vs axle weight chart.

Lowering, alters camber and camber/ load buildup.

Good luck, you're going to need it ;D
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

Petrus

Quote from: ChrisGB on January 13, 2023, 18:24Hmm, where to start?
Good luck, you're going to need it ;D

A set of OEM wheels from the forum here. Probably has matched OEM size rubber on it already. If not then any premium brand summer or all weathers in OEM size will do.

Set pressure to spec.

Alligment.

Done  ;)

ooch

If you go back to oe sized FL wheels just be aware that the tyre options are limited. There are only about 4 or 5 different tyres that are available in both 15 and 16 inches. I have the Avon ZV7's and they are pretty decent but as already mentioned they do crack in the grooves between the tread prematurely.

Tags: