Turbo timer wiring

Started by Tem, June 24, 2005, 21:52

Anonymous

cool. will be interesting to see how the wiring works on yours

as I say, the timer works fine, it justy wont lock whilst the engine is running

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"Did you get the new GReddy timer that looks like this?
 m http://www.greddy.com/products/display/ ... ategory=55 m

That's the one that I have. I have the same issue though.

it won't lock pressing the 'lock' button on the key while the engine is running through the timer, but it's not really a problem as I can obviously still lock by using the keyhole on the driver side door.

btw, nice to see you back here Perry! haven't been here myself in a while.

Anonymous

Hello matey   s:) :) s:)

glad to see your looking after that old Trial kit of mine   s;) ;) s;)   your car does look great I have to say!

noticed they were even polite about it over on spyderchat (makes a change!)

as my new one now is a veilside there wont be any piccies being shown over the water!    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

so...you have the same problem? at least I now know its not just me   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    forgot about locking with the key (getting lazy in my old age!)

when you locked with the key does the central locking work or is it only the drivers side that locks when you use the key with the turbo timer on?  cant test mine as battery is dissconnected as I'm wiring in the HKS CAMP system today

Anonymous

For info, it was frosty here this morning and i started my car with the spare key (to put the heater on and desteam the windows) and locked the door with the other key so i could go back up for my breakfast.

When i returned i tried using the unlock button on the key and as you have noticed, this doesnt unlock the car either.

so obviously theres a sensor somewhere which was designed to prevent you arming the alarm when the engine is running, but i wouldn't have a scooby where.

so, thats just so you know its not related to the turbo timer or the fact your cars jspec or the standard alarm (seeing as you dont have one)

Richie.

Anonymous

ah ha

usefull info there matey, thanks   s:) :) s:)

Tem

Just wondering. Can you lock/unlock the doors from the key, while the car's running normally with the key in the ignition?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Richie"i started my car with the spare key (to put the heater on and desteam the windows) and locked the door with the other key so i could go back up for my breakfast.

Richie.

well it appears you can physically with the key Tem

Tem

Quote from: "perry190"
Quote from: "Richie"i started my car with the spare key (to put the heater on and desteam the windows) and locked the door with the other key so i could go back up for my breakfast.

Richie.

well it appears you can physically with the key Tem

I meant with the buttons on the key, not with the key itself.  s8) 8) s8)

...or did he do just that?  s:? :? s:?

philster_d

hehe wrong quote, right answer

QuoteWhen i returned i tried using the unlock button on the key and as you have noticed, this doesnt unlock the car

Tem

Oops, how did I miss that...  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

I think i'll get the alarm fitter to connect my new alarm when its fitted directly to the central locking rather than via the oem cicuit, that should sort it rather than use the key hopefully ?

Anonymous

Quote from: "perry190"I think i'll get the alarm fitter to connect my new alarm when its fitted directly to the central locking rather than via the oem cicuit, that should sort it rather than use the key hopefully ?

Providing that the cause of this isn't a disabling of the central locking solenoids then that should be fine. I would imagine this function happens somewhere in the key receiver anyway (that would make most sense) If you know the location of the central locking receiver and the pinouts of it then it would be easy to trick it accordingly and sort it that way. Then again if you're getting a new alarm installed....

SteveJ

Central locking is controlled by the body ECU (along with a host of other things) so it wont be easy to 'trick' it into thinking the ignition is off when it isnt.

One thing to keep in mind if you use an aftermarket alarm to activate the central locking - can it operate the dead-locking facility on the solonoids?

Tem

Quote from: "kanujunkie"That you posibly have an internal fault on the key lock cylinder thats causeing the fault, i cant see any other option  s:? :? s:?

You were probably right about this. Though I still can't figure out why the start would only fire with the timer on.

Some time after this the key lock cylinder actually failed totally and refused to start the car. Here's the thread about that:
 m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18607 m

Quote from: "perry190"Just received my greddy turbo timer in the post today and the instructions say:-

red wire to 12V
green to ON
blue to ACC
Black to EARTH

It also says that with vehicles that have 2 IGN (ON) wires, connect the green wire to the IGN/ON wire that does not drop voltage when the starter is activated, then connect the blue wire to the other IGN wire.

There also parking brake and speed sensor wires as well to operate the other functions.

Anyone else happen to know about these?

Were there instructions for the parking brake and speed sensor wires too? Anyone happen to have them...?

Tem

Seems that Greddy.com hosts old manuals too these days, so I found them already.  s8) 8) s8)

Here's the old version manual:
 m http://www.greddy.com/img/PHP/products/pdf/686.pdf m

Seems you can even make custom tunes with it.  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

In case they remove the manual.
Brown wire from the timer should go to handbrake wire, which has 0V when engaged and 12V when released.
Purple wire goes to speed signal wire.

And here's the new "full auto" model:
 m http://www.greddy.com/img/PHP/products/pdf/685.pdf m

kanujunkie

neither of those links work for me Tem  s:( :( s:(
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Tem

Quote from: "kanujunkie"neither of those links work for me Tem  s:( :( s:(

Seems the whole site is down for now.

m http://www.greddy.com/ m

Tags: