Confused Newbie! - Conflicting audio advice??

Started by Anonymous, June 30, 2005, 03:28

Anonymous

I have been told by one local Car hi-fi store that no head unit can currently be fitted to a Roadster (2000 model) because of some special Toyota bastardisation of the cabling, however another shop has told me there is no such issue an that provided I get the appropriate converter bits and wiring adapters it can all be done!!! (I want a DAB head unit so anyone with any advice borne from thir experience on DAB replacements would be ideal!)

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

HELP! Who's right?? I assume the latter as there are lots of people fitting their own OEM head unit???

Also, can someomen just confirm if the standard doublue din Sony unit has an amp wired up to it!?!?!? Again. benn told two different things and dont know who to believe

p.s. any recomendations for a dealer / store to use (including their fitting service) much recomemended.
Thanks, dan

kanujunkie

you just need a converter cable and an Autoleads FP-11-03 facia adapter and it'll be fine, i'll dig out the details on the cable when i get home tonight.

try http://www.caraudiodiscount.com on the bits

aint got a clue on DAB i'm afraid
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

heathstimpson

Quote from: "dt_matthews"I have been told by one local Car hi-fi store that no head unit can currently be fitted to a Roadster (2000 model) because of some special Toyota bastardisation of the cabling
They can't be a very good store as they are talking rubbish. All cars can be updated one way or another. The 2's stock unit does not have a seperate amp and the wiring is standard Japenese and can be converted to ISO with a simple adapter available at Halfords. The standard wiring plugs are Jap and most HU's in Europe are ISO  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Slacey

Even Halfords sell the appropriate loom conversion cable  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Brilliant - thanks for setting me straight people!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

And good news as I can go and buy a DAB unit!

Anyone got a nice DAB kit to recommend?

dan

aaronjb

Quote from: "dt_matthews"I have been told by one local Car hi-fi store that no head unit can currently be fitted to a Roadster (2000 model) because of some special Toyota bastardisation of the cabling

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

There aren't enough laughing smilies in the world for that one.

Nearly as good as Toyota's "You can only have a hard top if you buy it with the car new"  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Tags: