A good use for a Sunday..

Started by Chris, July 17, 2005, 19:29

Chris

With jae fast approaching, this is what me and a mate have been doing this hot sunny afternoon:

and:

We also fitted my UDSub, and changed the door speakers for JBL GTO components, so in all we we playing with cables crimpers for about 5 hrs in the end...  my sunburnt neck is kinda regretting it now!!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

I'm not overkeen on the big gap now between the bottom of the radio and the cup holders, and I'm still running the standard tweeters for the moment, until I can figure the best way to fit the new ones, as they are too big for the standard covers, but other than that it sounds good!   s8) 8) s8)   Oh and loud!!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Anonymous

Chris, have you taken the old surround off of the stock H/U? 'Cos that fits around the fascia adaptor an absolute treat, and makes the whole thing look like it's supposed to...

GSB

Quote from: "ekona"Chris, have you taken the old surround off of the stock H/U? 'Cos that fits around the fascia adaptor an absolute treat, and makes the whole thing look like it's supposed to...

He's right you know. I use the exact same fitting lits in my install. The trims from the the stock head units finish it on nicely. You'll need to pop the heater surround off to fit it though. Nice to see you finally[/i] got that UD sub in though... Any problems there?

[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Chris

yeah I realised about the stock surround after I took the pics, so that will be tonight's job..

Grant - no problems at all - first class job on the instructions and modifications!  I can't believe how sung a fit it is, and my mate is impressed with the sound - he reckons it sounds more like a 10"   s8) 8) s8)
[size=100]
[/size]

Chris

ok, so after a few minutes fighting with the old head unit to give up it's surround, here's the updated install pic:

Looks a lot better and more like I hoped it would turn out...   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]
[/size]

Anonymous

That's more like it matey   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: