Advice on wiring

Started by ninjinski, August 17, 2005, 23:04

ninjinski

Tonight I fitted a rearview mirror with integrated TFT monitor to the car which has a reversing camera attatched as an added feature (fitted that in rear grill)

My question is:- The instructions mention wiring it to the reversing lights as it will automatically come on then with the gear in reverse - Anyone have any idea where the wiring for these may be and where I'd connect too?

Just need to fit the Digital TV Receiver with freeview tomorrow if it arrives and wire it to my amp   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  

Will post piccies when finished!

PS: No idea why I need all this it was cheap on ebay, but im impressed with the picture quality - had my portable DVD player through it and for the money very happy!!

Help on the wiring would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Sable

PERF: TTE TURBO & exhaust, BC Coilovers Markii inlet TRD brace SP Downpipe Exedy Cerametalic Clutch TRD Short Shifter w brass bushings EBC discs/pads OMP steering wheel, front diffuser
ICE: JVC headunit JBL P652s Alpine SWD1600 & 2000 woofers Kenwood 600W amp
EXTERNAL: Mr T spoiler. black brake calipers Dynamat Toyota dust caps Dev\'s keyhole covers Simon\'s hairpins
INTERNAL: Red leather Carbon sill guards TRD stickers Mongo deflectors Chrome gear & dial surrounds Gregg\'s custom logo plate Taurec gauges

kanujunkie

first of all, TART, reversing camera  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

according to the diags i have your looking for a wire thats marked up on paper as R/L which is Red/Blue
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

ninjinski

Quote from: "kanujunkie"first of all, TART, reversing camera  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

LOL   s:D :D s:D   Before I loose any credability I have, I did'nt buy the screen for that reason it happened to come with it!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

But thanks for the advise on the wire colour - any idea where I'd even start to look for that?
Sable

PERF: TTE TURBO & exhaust, BC Coilovers Markii inlet TRD brace SP Downpipe Exedy Cerametalic Clutch TRD Short Shifter w brass bushings EBC discs/pads OMP steering wheel, front diffuser
EXTERNAL: Mr T spoiler. black brake calipers Dynamat Toyota dust caps Dev\'s keyhole covers Simon\'s hairpins
INTERNAL: Red leather Carbon sill guards TRD stickers Mongo deflectors Chrome gear & dial surrounds Gregg\'s custom logo plate Taurec gauges

GSB

See here. Tem's info was spot on.

m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5364 m

Incidentally, It was only after I installed my wire from the luggage bins that logic kicked and told me the same wire must already be connected to the instrument cluster in order to turn that bloddy beeping on when you put it in reverse.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

ninjinski

Thanks mate! I'll have a look later on and let you know how I get on!
Sable

philster_d

I want TV  too  any links   s:) :) s:)

ninjinski

Quote from: "philster_d"I want TV  too  any links   s:) :) s:)

Here are the 2 ebay shops of the guys I bought from

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/SkyPro-ind-com-SkyPro-Ind-Co-Ltd_W0QQssPageNameZviQ3asibQ3astoreviewQQtZkm for freeview receiver

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Extreme-Audio-Electronics-Ltd_W0QQssPageNameZviQ3asibQ3astoreviewQQtZkm for rear mirror with built in 4.5" monitor

I have not received and installed the freeview box yet - hopefully get today but the screen I can highly recommend!
Sable

Tags: