Electric Windows

Started by Anonymous, September 21, 2005, 14:45

Anonymous

Anyone Help ??   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

I have a standard import, post face lift 2003 but it has "Wind Up" windows.
Does anyone know if the wiring harness is compatable for "Plug & Play" if I can locate the mechanism, switches & door cards etc. or even possible mechanism from similar small toyota.

Your help would be appreciated    s:) :) s:)    s:) :) s:)

heathstimpson

I have never heard of a 2 with wind up windows; must be a foreign basic model  s:?: :?: s:?:  Adam should be able to help (Jap GT300)
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

I think it was the S-Edition that came with those, IIRC.

Peter Wright

Quote from: "Ekona"I think it was the S-Edition that came with those, IIRC.
It was the 'B' edition that came with wind up windows the 'S' edition was the top spec
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

Anonymous

I thought the V-Edition was top spec?  s:? :? s:?

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Ekona"I thought the V-Edition was top spec?  s:? :? s:?
How many editions were made in Europe then  s:?: :?: s:?:    s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tem

I wonder if anyone would have real info about this...?

Some sources indicate that there was a base model in Japan without electric windows or pretty much anything. And then there were three models with various upgrades, B-Edition, S-Edition and V-Edition. B having least options, but still more than the base model. For example it did have electric windows.

However, some sources keep saying the B-edition was the base model and there was nothing with less options.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

GSB

basic version had no passenger airbag either...

This only applies to Japanese Domestic Market models, In Europe, we got only the the single version.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Tem

Quote from: "GSB"basic version had no passenger airbag either...

True, instead it had a small storage bin in place, which was some 100 euros from Toyota  s8) 8) s8)

Part number 55440-17030-C0 for the full set, comes with the box, cover and all the bits and bolts needed to install it.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

spyderman

Ron, you might be interested in this...

m http://search.ebay.co.uk/mr2-Roadster_T ... ageZsearch m
As you set out for Ithaka
hope your road is a long one,
full of adventure, full of discovery. Cyclops,
angry Poseidon - don\'t be afraid of them.you\'ll never find things like that one on your way
as long as you keep your thoughts raised high

-SOT-

Anonymous

Thanks for that Spyderman,

I actually contacted this Guy on E'bay when he ran advert for exhaust suggesting he had other items. He didn't offer to sell me the electric window units but said he would put them on e'bay.

So I hope I can pick them up without competition.

As for the other lines in this thread - Yes my 2 is a basic Jap inport but has been up-graded (Still working on it) as well as the Wind up windows it does not have the passenger air-bag but does have the little pop-up compartment in it's place. Not sure what version number / letter but it is post face lift circa 2003.

Thanks for all that info Guys but can anyone answer the original question ie. would the wiring harness accept the window mechanisms without a great deal of modification & how could I get hold of a wiring diagram ???

Tags: