Fitting A Smaller Ariel

Started by Anonymous, October 3, 2005, 16:59

Anonymous

My stock ariel is gubbed, it won't go up or down, constantly up, anyway I am thinking about getting a smaller one as this is all I need for a decent reception on the radio, not bothered if it goes up and down as long as it isn't that big.

What is involved, what do I need to buy, price and are they easy to fit the smaller ones?

Thanks

Jigwar

See post below entitled 'Ariel'   s:) :) s:)  

That points you towards our American associates on Spyderchat, where there is a group buy on short aerials, which are fixed. Think you can buy and have shipped just the short aerial for ~£20.

Then you need to get a couple of Toyota parts, (#86309-17100, #86392-17110). These parts essentially replace the electrical parts of the stock aerial with fixings for the shorter one. Guessing at £40 for these parts.

Fitting guide is also on Spyderchat, basically you need to both get up inside the wheel arch and through the back of the luggage compartments.

Other options include i think the Honda S2000 short aerial which fits with some inventive wiring, or the tried and tested coat hanger!

HTH

Steve
Jigwar
Past: \'51 plate
Present: \'06 plate TTET\'ed

Tags: