Aerial woes.....

Started by Anonymous, December 15, 2005, 20:30

Anonymous

Over the last couple of days I have noticed that when I switch from radio mode to CD my aerial stays up (it always used to retract automatically when switching to cd mode) I have the standard sony unit fitted, is it possible that I have switched some hidden setting off/on?
or have I developed a fault?

Aerial retracts ok when I switch the stereo off completely but now always extends automatically irrespective of whichh play mode the unit is in

Any ideas anybody?

(search button did not throw anything up for me)

aaronjb

Interesting you have the Sony - I thought they replaced that with the 'Fisher Price' toy on post '03.. Anyhow:

Turn off Traffic Info - that makes the aerial stay up if you have the Sony  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "aaronjb"Interesting you have the Sony - I thought they replaced that with the 'Fisher Price' toy on post '03.. Anyhow:

Turn off Traffic Info - that makes the aerial stay up if you have the Sony  s;) ;) s;)

Your a star it does exactly that! thanks for the headsup   s:D :D s:D  

(Bluey makes mental note change the aerial as it makes the 2 look like a RC model with the aerial extended)

aaronjb

No problem  s;) ;) s;)

There's a GB over on SpyderChat for short aerials at the moment, too (only 12 left, I'm sorely tempted to get one myself)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

Anonymous

How much over on spyderchat mate? How much do you think a garage would take to fit the short one, my stock one doesn't go down   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

aaronjb

That's a good question - I'm not entirely sure..

You can get the aerial for $30-ish or the aerial + parts to convert from electric for $130ish I think it was.

Only thing is, I couldn't work out if all cars needed the extra parts, or just 03 onwards..

markiii

all of them

you need the manual ariel base that was never used in teh UK
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

aaronjb

Ta Mark  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

off post i know but, aaron are u legging it south or north?

SteveJ

Quote from: "aaronjb"Interesting you have the Sony - I thought they replaced that with the 'Fisher Price' toy on post '03..

That's 'cause it's my old car - I kept the stereo from my 'Y' plate so there is probably still a Fisher Price stereo in a pre-facelift car  s:) :) s:)

aaronjb

Nelix -  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Quote from: "SteveJ"That's 'cause it's my old car - I kept the stereo from my 'Y' plate so there is probably still a Fisher Price stereo in a pre-facelift car  s:) :) s:)

Ahhh - that explains that, then..  s:) :) s:)

philster_d

Quote from: "markiii"all of them

you need the manual ariel base that was never used in the UK

Does that never extend to Euro imports too ?

Ty

Tags: