Anyone got picture of the back of the H/U

Started by Anonymous, December 17, 2005, 18:48

Anonymous

I need to locate the plug for the CD changer on the back of the fisher price Head unit.

A quick look behind the dash came up with 4 plugs on it.

I've been talking to a company about an ipod installation solution without using the FM circuitry.
They've sent me an interface module that should work ok, it's been tested with the 58805 and the 58807 head units, but not my 58806.

It'll not allow ipod control via the headunit, but it will give decent audio in which will be far more than i've managed with the itrip thing.

GSB

[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Thats great, cheers.    s8) 8) s8)  

By the look of the interface module I have, it should connect to the socket in the lower right of that picture.

Not quite sure IF or WHAT the head unit will do though....the instrctions said to access the audio via the AUX/MODE button on the h/u which i dont seem to have.......

fingers crossed it'll be OK.

proeliator2001

I thought the CD player socket was the one in the top left - 6 pins instead of the 12 socket used on later model Toyota cars.
Official - old git alert. 42 years old!
Facts  are meaningless - they can be used to prove anything.

2004 MR2 in silver with hardtop, leather, aircon and only 1 door handle.(11 happy years together and counting!)

Anonymous

It probably is m8

The interface I was sent to test by soundlinx didn't work on the 58806 H/U as they had hoped.

I unplugged the connector and no change at all to the audio functions at all, so i'm buggered if i know what that plugs for.
Connected the interface and no change, still unable to get ipod audio in the car.

Good job it's cost me nothing.

The search continues!

proeliator2001

I'm completely happy with the FM modulator.  Not the best sound quality but near enough to an MP3 cd as makes any difference in a noisy car (test drove the new 2006 Civic 2.2 diesel - now that is amazingly quiet, the wife had it up to nearly a ton without realising!)
Official - old git alert. 42 years old!
Facts  are meaningless - they can be used to prove anything.

2004 MR2 in silver with hardtop, leather, aircon and only 1 door handle.(11 happy years together and counting!)

Anonymous

This whole episode started with an enquiry as to the cost of an FM modulator, but soundlinx asked if I'd try one of their CD changer interface units.

The interface was made for the Alpine M Bus, but also had stereo phono connections too which would have allowed the signal from the ipod to go in as  if it were from a cd changer.

Still..............it ain't worked so back to the drawing board.

Re the new Civic, I've had a play in the 1.8 and loved it, the voice control was perfect. It didn't feel that much slower than the R tbh either!!

Have you seen Mugen's Dominator kit for the new civic?           s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

Sorry to bump an old thread, but does anyone know what each of these connections are for?

Tags: