Alpine CDA9847R + KCA-420i

Started by Anonymous, December 25, 2005, 13:00

Anonymous

Got a lovely Alpine CDA9847R + KCA-420i for Christmas for my Ipod. Just need to get it fitted now, should make the FR and even better place to be  Cant' believe Kerstie seemed to get everything I need, including the spacers.

Trouble is now I have a lovely new HU, I may have to get a new Ipod, I have one of the original ones.  Now here's the question, is the connector the same on the 3rd Gen Ipod (that I have) and the new mini's and even the nano's?

Think I fancy a mini with the movie bit.

kanujunkie

are you saying your 3rd gen ipod wont work Craig, or just that you want a new one??

you do know that you must have the latest software for the 3rd gens to work with the ipod adaptor
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Saying I might get another one, so I can keep the existing old one connected to my hifi, and have a nice new Ipod Mini (not the nano as 4GB is not enough) for my car.

THis is mine, I think that is called a 3rd Gen one?

So presumably you are saying my old one will not work then anyway  s:) :) s:)

proeliator2001

I thought the gen 3 ones had the play/pause etc on the clickwheel.  AFAIK all Ipods on sale at the moment use the same connector but gen 1 didn't - not sure what yours uses though.
Official - old git alert. 42 years old!
Facts  are meaningless - they can be used to prove anything.

2004 MR2 in silver with hardtop, leather, aircon and only 1 door handle.(11 happy years together and counting!)

Anonymous

Just seen an ipod video 60GB in currys for £269 which beats internet prices.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "cstevens"THis is mine, I think that is called a 3rd Gen one?

So presumably you are saying my old one will not work then anyway  s:) :) s:)

no, thats not what i'm saying, it just wont work until you have the latest piece of software on it, the latest software is the only one with the Alpine drivers
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Got it fitted today, and it works.  So must have the latest drivers on it?

Still undecided whether to get a new one anyway, cos then I can have video   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

kanujunkie

Fraid this is the only thing i could find on it now Craig, but use the ipod software to update it to the latest firmware and it'll work fine

m http://www.alpine-usa.com/support/head_ ... faq22.html m
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Tags: