Help For A Toyota Owners Club Member {Alarms}

Started by Anonymous, February 4, 2006, 19:54

Anonymous

s:( :( s:(  Hi your my last hope,i ran a search on the web on Thursday night about Yaris T sport alarm and it brought me onto your site as some members have had the same problem as myself.Well were do i start,got my car in 03 from an importers then a few months later when the weather good nice and hot my yaris suddenly took a disliking to sunshine,every hot day it went off,it was then taken to the Toyota Dealers {BENFEILD NEXT DOOR TO THE MERC GARAGE IN LEEDS}for it to be sorted,they change the glass break sensor or so they say,the very next day it F****** went off again, now it goes off any old weather.I have posted this on the TOClub but have no luck,so i thought i'd try you guys,i think it needs its senitivity turning down,but i think it has to go into the dealers for that which i HATE AS I DON'T TRUST THEM HALFWITS WITH IT.I was toying with the idea with getting that alarm off ebay£99 which has a key fob which lets you know if your alarm is going off it also has coluor screen on the fob ,but is it a complete alarm system as it seems to cheap to be true.

Many Thanks Andyp25

Anonymous

Quote from: "Andyp25"Hi your my last hope

cheers, very flattering!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

seriously though, an alarm with sunstroke?!? i've not seen any posts about this in the last 6months or so since I've been a member but I could well have missed some, if you try the search button at the top you might get some results.

a hint though, it won't search for ALL the words you put in by default, you have to put 'alarm AND sensitivity AND adjust'... or whatever terms you choose. best of luck.   s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

just done a search out of curiosity, this is what someone has said previously, i'm not sure where the sensitivity control would be in a yaris though...

"Remove the Driver's side cubby hole door, and you will find the sensor behind the carpet behind the drivers seat, mounted to the vertical cross panel.

It's a black box, from memory about 100mm long x 50 wide x 15mm deep and there's a black knob on the front with white graduations representing the sensitivity.

I have not tried but I guess you would turn it anticlockwise to reduce the sensitivity.

I ran my amplifier cables down the centre console and noticed this when I stripped everything out."

kanujunkie

spot on James, yes you can turn it down, theres a pot on the front of it.

Andy, try pm ing Slacey, he's got a yaris as well, but to be honest i'd just go for a hunt, it can be behind panels or carpet but in yours i'd guess its in the cantral console. BTW i dont know if yours is different but ours doesnt have a break glass sensor!
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

s:) :) s:)  Cheers lads for your help i'll continue looking for this box on my Yaris this weekend.

Many Thanks Andyp25

Tags: