Please help with my h/u

Started by Anonymous, March 6, 2008, 12:09

Anonymous

Fitting an alpine iva d100rd

Hooked it all up to the best of my knowledge, all seems to be working but i have no sound??? it has a seperate Amp which is connected, but where am i going wrong?  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

very frustrating, all help is much appreciated.

cheers guys

enid_b

i think we will need a little more information than that mate.

give us the full run down on what you have done, and we can start from there.

E
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

kanujunkie

exactly, things like was it just a yellow tipped phono connector that you hooked up or more etc etc
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

uktotty

Are there any lights on the HU?

Anonymous

First question. Is the amp turning on with the head unit?

If not, try hard wiring the "remote turn on" on the amp to the battery power supply (+ve terminal) to see if the lights on the amp come on.

If it is, are the gains on the amp turned up? Speakers wired into the amp properly? Headunit volume turned up?

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Matt"If not, try hard wiring the "remote turn on" on the amp to the battery power supply (+ve terminal) to see if the lights on the amp come on.

just dont leave the wireing like that, its a temporary test and not a leave in-situ wiring. If you leave it for any more that 10 mins then the chances are your going to have a dead battery
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

sorry the headunit has a small amp with it. The amp has the 8 speaker wires and the yellow power cable and a black earth cable. the yellow ive connected to the yellow wire from the headunit and connected them both to the ignition live. then ive connected the red to the permanant live. and earthed the amp via the seat bolt.

i must sound like a right idiot, sorry im not more clued up.

oh ive also connected the parking wire to the cig lighter.

hope that makes sense

cclarke99

Sorry to ask this but (as suggested above) if the amp is separate from the head unit, have you connected the audio output from the head unit to the amp (phono connections), and do any lights come on on all the units?

kanujunkie

sounds like Matt is right, you will have a wire output from the head unit marked as "REMOTE". You'll also have an input on the amp marked the same, connect a wire between the two and you should have sound. The purpose of this wire is for the head unit to be able to turn the amp on and off
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

yeah sorry forgot to say i've already connected up the remote. still not giving me any sound, am i just going round in circles haha.

I'm stumped. no doubt it will end up being something really simple.

cheers guys so far really appreciate it

kanujunkie

just a point here but you said earlier you'd used the seat bolt for the earth. Did you remove the paint underneath first? not that you should use the seat bolt as an earth though. But you may find that another possability is the lack of an earth.

btw i cant find any details on that model of amp you first posted, did you get it right?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

The amp came with the headunit/dvd player.

mayb the earth is poor like you say.  

i must sound like a right dumbass

thanks for your patients.

Anonymous

Its an Alpine iva-d100rb

cheers

philster_d

Did the instructions say join the 2 yellows

kanujunkie

standard yellow ISO colour is switched ign Phil, so it should be ok to connect them together
[size=100]Stu[/size]

philster_d

ok you mean its T-d

kanujunkie

T-d??
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

sorry guys

The h/u was from my brother so he hasn't got the manual for it. he bodged it in his car and it kept killing the battery so i wanna do it right.

is it ok to join the 2 yellow wires?

kanujunkie

providing there both marked with standard ISO markings as switched ign, then yes, its fine
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Tags: