Remote aerial

Started by Anonymous, June 1, 2012, 20:52

Anonymous

Hi. I've recently purchased an 05 facelift Roadster and have a few questions. I have posted them in separate topics for ease of answer. I hope someone can help me.

Can anyone direct me to the "how to" topic on adapting the window block button so that it enables/disables the remote aerial?  I have trawled through most of the pages on here and read several topics on it refering to a "how to" but cant actually find it.

Cheers

Anonymous

You simply find the appropriate wire behind the HU, splice it and run it to the window lock button.

Anonymous

Hanz,

I looked at doing this myself but i took someone else's idea...

I actually installed a new button to the car for this and it works brilliantly!

1. Buy a switch from marlin and some copper cable.

2. Cut the wire to the needed length

3. Solder the wire onto the back of the switch.

4. Remove the pointless coin holder at the left of the steering wheel. Just pull it off - don't worry it goes back on.

5. Put the wire through the hole and have the button hanging out for now.

6. Now for the tricky bit. I did this without removing the head unit. Find the loom of wire that goes into the back of the head unit.  l viewtopic.php?f=31&t=34574&hilit=aerial+mod l  this link gives the information on which wire to cut. But just to confirm its the black one!  see -  l viewtopic.php?f=31&t=34988 l .

7. So cut the wire when you've found it...

8. For the next step I used  m http://www.sourcingmap.com/20a-212-way- ... =ukfroogle m  but buy it from homebase / B&Q. You will only need two, but i put the rest in my tool box - their always handy. connect the original copper wire you cut in step 2 into these connectors and then connect them to the black wire you cut in step 7.

This should be the job done. just tidy the excess wire and button. I did this as a quick fix:

I tease my gf and say its her ejector seat button.

Tags: