MD Changer & Remote Stick

Started by Anonymous, February 2, 2005, 21:06

Anonymous

Hi everyone,

Just bought myself an MD Changer and have taken the Sony remote stick from my old car. This was placed to the right of the steering wheel in mi old motor.

Any ideas where I can put the md changer? How I can keep it fastened and rigid? Where I can hide the wiring from the locations you think would be best going to the Head unit?

Also I wanted to put the stick on the right hand side of the wheel, can the plastic around the base of the steering wheel be easily taken off?

Appreciate the help guys and girls.

Anonymous

It could sit in the rear lockers. The wires can run inside the kick panels/interior side skirts  s:) :) s:)

MRMike

Martin, aka the raven has one in the glovebox, which looks extremely slick.  If you do a search you'll find some pics. Alternatively PM and i'm sure he'll give you some pointers

EDIT: Heck being the gentleman I am here you go

m http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.p ... ghlight=md m
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

Thanks Mike.

It is going to be tricky, am going to have to have a good look to where to hide the cables and how I am going to get round the back of the head unit.

No doubt I will be in touch needing help. ESpecially installing the remote!

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Moreno"It is going to be tricky, am going to have to have a good look to where to hide the cables and how I am going to get round the back of the head unit.

i've just been doing my audio install and it only takes 5 mins to remove the stereo, piece of P**s.
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

What instructions did you go by???

kanujunkie

Word of mouth, from people on here.

but you can use this

http://www.spydermagazine.com/2000/july/Stereo/stereo.htm
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster