I do like shiny :)

Started by TheTigerUK, November 3, 2022, 18:17

TheTigerUK

Tempted with these :) these are plated chrome.

Say it with love, say it with flowers but never, never, say it in writing.

The idea is to die young as late as possible :)

Ardent

I can see them on yours.

Not suitable everywhere, but yours  yes.

puma2

:) only 1 way to find out put them on stand back leave for a few days then make a decision  :)  :)

Joesson

Quote from: puma2 on November  4, 2022, 07:38:) only 1 way to find out put them on stand back leave for a few days then make a decision  :)  :)

My guess is that the decision was made a Nano Second after someone's eyes beheld those bright shiny things!

TheTigerUK

Has always money spent has to be a consideration and I needed to choose between the vents and the rear panels, I decided this time the rear panels :)

TheTigerUK

I couldent resist, I bought the vents as well  ;D  ;D  ::)

Joesson

Quote from: TheTigerUK on November  5, 2022, 14:40I couldent resist, On reflection, I bought the vents as well  ;D  ;D  ::)

Fixed that for you Tiger.

Ardent

Petrus

Doorbling has arrived. One of the plastic clips is included. Typically fool proof different colours for left and right!

That leaves the windscreen trim/molding to desire.
Well, first fitting thése of course....
Looked at the assembly and think I will trý get the lock switched out inside the door. That would save taking the risk with that clip and it is only fixed with one screw.  Feel more comfortable faffing with a metal scew than with a old, cold plastic clip.

Ardent

@TheTigerUK

Just thinking back to your thornton post the other day. You could increase your bling count if you had the TTE zorst as the other car. Twin bling. The chrome finish can sometimes be a bit poor. But the stainless underneath is tip top quality and polishes up beautifully.

TheTigerUK

Quote from: Ardent on December  2, 2022, 15:10@TheTigerUK

Just thinking back to your thornton post the other day. You could increase your bling count if you had the TTE zorst as the other car. Twin bling. The chrome finish can sometimes be a bit poor. But the stainless underneath is tip top quality and polishes up beautifully.

I would like the twin look but I am also happy with the original exhaust/sound.

TheTigerUK

Quote from: Petrus on December  2, 2022, 12:06Doorbling has arrived. One of the plastic clips is included. Typically fool proof different colours for left and right!

That leaves the windscreen trim/molding to desire.
Well, first fitting thése of course....
Looked at the assembly and think I will trý get the lock switched out inside the door. That would save taking the risk with that clip and it is only fixed with one screw.  Feel more comfortable faffing with a metal scew than with a old, cold plastic clip.

Next years present to myself :)

Petrus

Quote from: TheTigerUK on December  3, 2022, 13:29Next years present to myself :)

You can order now then. They will arrive in 2023  :))

Ardent

Quote from: TheTigerUK on December  3, 2022, 13:07I would like the twin look but I am also happy with the original exhaust/sound.
As we are in panto season.
Oh no, you're not.  :))

(You just don't know it yet)

The tte twin exit zorst.
Best looking and sounding zorst and OEM to boot. Fact.

Petrus

The potentially depressing manipollution by ´larger interests´ are making me want to buy the Amuse titianum zorst en delete the cat  :o
It blings, flows really well, muffles well, is lighter, protects the cat from theft which the plod will not and bugger the emissions with the limited mileage I do with the thing.

Petrus

Apparently this is one of the few which frees up horses without inleashing móre decibels.
From what I read this one frees up some 8 horses when combined with a decat pipe and still be none too antisocial.

The 8 horses seem a lot but I tend to beleive it. I had my no-muffler with the decat pipe and it indeed made quíte a notable difference. Made more of a difference still in decibles though. Simply not acceptable even here. Not because of bothering neighbours but because of drawing attention from the plod.

The Amuse is functional bling indeed. ´Just´ the money though  ::)   Well ánd sacrificing HelloKitty  ;)

Made the bloke an offer incl. shipping. Still silly money but it ís a proper special muffler. Bottom line is I will be ok either way, offer accepted or not.

Petrus

J88TEO

Made the bloke an offer incl. shipping. Still silly money but it ís a proper special muffler. Bottom line is I will be ok either way, offer accepted or not.
I thought of getting one but the shipping cost is prohibitive!

Petrus

Quote from: J88TEO on December  5, 2022, 13:59I thought of getting one but the shipping cost is prohibitive!

Hence I responded to a used one in France.

Bernie

My King of Bling crown could be under threat 😂

You cannot view this attachment.
Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

Petrus

Quote from: Bernie on December  5, 2022, 17:00My King of Bling crown could be under threat 😂

Not a chánce: Not going for the fuel door cover, repeater surrounds, the style bar, side intakes, grill and the windscreen surround is  unobtanium. You have your crown better covered than King Arthur had Guinevere  :))

Ardent

Do like that screen surround. @TheTigerUK Look away look away.  ;)

Petrus

Quote from: Ardent on December  5, 2022, 17:34Do like that screen surround. @TheTigerUK Look away look away.  ;)

Yes, lóve it.

J88TEO

Quote from: Petrus on December  5, 2022, 17:25windscreen surround is  unobtanium.
There was a set on Yahoo auction site last week.

Petrus

Quote from: J88TEO on December  5, 2022, 22:29There was a set on Yahoo auction site last week.

From Wednesday, April 6, 2022, Yahoo! JAPAN is no longer available in the EEA and the United Kingdom

Tags: