FL Fog lamps

Started by steveash, December 4, 2022, 17:19

steveash

I replaced my fog lamps with eBay ones a few years back. The fit wasn't perfect and they probably weren't watertight as they now look a bit grubby inside. Is there a better alternative other than the pricey OEM ones?

Ardent

Out of interest, the ebay ones. Are they the ones often advertised for Prius gen 2s?

I would be interested in sourcing some replacements as well. The ones I replaced with, seem to have been made out of theatrical sugar glass.

steveash

Quote from: Ardent on December  4, 2022, 19:24Out of interest, the ebay ones. Are they the ones often advertised for Prius gen 2s?

I would be interested in sourcing some replacements as well. The ones I replaced with, seem to have been made out of theatrical sugar glass.

Yes, those were the ones. It sounds like we may have had the same ones. The glass was a bit blurry. They never clipped into the bumper as securely as the old ones but otherwise looked similar.

Newbie57

Fitted Chinese LED ones to mine with driving lights. No issues look difficult to the OEM I like them

steveash

Quote from: Newbie57 on December  4, 2022, 21:07Fitted Chinese LED ones to mine with driving lights. No issues look difficult to the OEM I like them

Do you have a link by any chance?

Newbie57

Newbie57

No modification needed. Just put the right connectors on. Put the mounting bracket vertically there are some convenient holes in the bumper you can put bolts through to fix it in place

Tags: