Bonnet not closing flush

Started by Anonymous, November 14, 2003, 09:02

Anonymous

Hi guys,

I noticed the bonnet wasn't closing flush this morning.  There is a bigger than average gap between it and the bumper and when you push down there is a little bit of movement to where it should sit.

I pull the bonnet up and close it again and it's definately locking but still not closing flush.  There's no evidence of someone forcing it and nothing which looks like it's obstructing the bonnet closing properly.

Has anyone else had this problem and know a simple fix or should book it in for my local dealer to take a look?

cheers

Mike.

Slacey

Have a look on the underside of the bonnet for the two rubber 'bumpers', you can crew these in and out to adjust their height, and so adjust the bonnet - I had to do this last week on the engine decklid.

If that doesn't work, you can adjust the bumper itself, but that is a bit of a pain...
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Its a bit weird that this has only just started to happen though innit?

A mate of mine has a CRX (the one that looks mid engined, but isn't!) and that has similar plastic bumpers. He had a similar problem appear where the bonnet one morning didn't look flush. He couln't figure out what was wrong so took it to the local dealers. They rang him back about 4 hours later, saying that the bumpers are designed to tsake impacts up to about 5mph without deformation. But they said that they found the brackets that the bumper was fixed on with were bent and they reckoned that someone had probably driven into the bumpers at low speed, but hadn't damaged the paintwork. So they had to replace the brackets and realign the bumper.

Now, Iam sure that this isn't what has happened to yours, but in a worst case scenario, it might be worth looking at. Small impacts don't laways make a mark on the paintwork, but they can cause some unseen damage......

Tem

Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: