03 Silver Pullet - weekend fun machine

Started by steveash, May 14, 2017, 22:01

JayPee404

Quote from: steveash on August  2, 2023, 19:05I also swapped out the fog lamps that I fitted when I first got the car. They had melted inside which is surprising as I've never driven in fog. Either way, they've been replaced with much better made LED ones from Einparts which include DRLs.

I have just done up my headlights and they look alright. Not brand new but not yellow either.

However my fog lights look either mouldy or melted within, presumably like yours. I was looking at the part you got and they actually look really nice, how was the installation on that and are you happy with them? If you got any pictures of them running would love to see how they look!

steveash

Quote from: JayPee404 on August 10, 2023, 16:35I have just done up my headlights and they look alright. Not brand new but not yellow either.

However my fog lights look either mouldy or melted within, presumably like yours. I was looking at the part you got and they actually look really nice, how was the installation on that and are you happy with them? If you got any pictures of them running would love to see how they look!

The installation wasn't too hard. I followed the how-to here:

https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=65007.0

It seems to be the same product. They're not cheap but the quality is good so I think worth the expense. If anything the DRLs are a bit too bright. I can't say anything about the fog lamps as I haven't driven in fog yet.

I will eventually do some proper photos of my car. I'm a bit too fussy about getting it right. If you search for 'Vinstar' fog lamps you will probably find a picture or two.

jvanzyl

Quote from: steveash on August  3, 2023, 12:24It's this one: https://super-klasse.com/collections/all/products/cs-trd-hybrid-short-stroke-shifter-spyder-zzw30

The site requires a spiderchat username which I have although I've never posted there. Some reviews say delivery can take a while as parts are made to order. We'll see. I'll give an update when it arrives.

Every reference to it suggests it is the best of the short shifts made. With a short travel but square in the centre of the gate and with smooth shifts. I'm looking forward to trying it.

Has your shifter arrived yet? I've been waiting more than a month...

steveash

Quote from: jvanzyl on September  9, 2023, 16:25Has your shifter arrived yet? I've been waiting more than a month...

No not a whisper. Time to start badgering them.

steveash

Quote from: jvanzyl on September  9, 2023, 16:25Has your shifter arrived yet? I've been waiting more than a month...

A gentle prompt and it is dispatched immediately! Good job you reminded me, thanks. I've had my head in so many things recently that it might have been months before I realised.

jvanzyl

Quote from: steveash on September 11, 2023, 11:32A gentle prompt and it is dispatched immediately! Good job you reminded me, thanks. I've had my head in so many things recently that it might have been months before I realised.

That's great news! I've been prompting for over a week and not had a reply >:(

Did you just use their email?

Joesson

You might have a little longer to wait John:
From reviews:
My only criticism is the really slow shipping, took over two months to ship with no warning, also you will need an Allen key to install this. Over all 8/10. Would buy again.

PS
See also my today's Thought!

jvanzyl

Quote from: Joesson on September 11, 2023, 13:42You might have a little longer to wait John:
From reviews:
My only criticism is the really slow shipping, took over two months to ship with no warning, also you will need an Allen key to install this. Over all 8/10. Would buy again.

PS
See also my today's Thought!

Ah... useful to know thank you!

steveash

Quote from: jvanzyl on September 11, 2023, 13:21That's great news! I've been prompting for over a week and not had a reply >:(

Did you just use their email?

Yes, I just replied to the order confirmation. I didn't get a reply, just the standard order dispatched email. They do mention the products are made to order so I wasn't expecting a quick turnaround.

steveash

Quote from: jvanzyl on September 11, 2023, 13:48Ah... useful to know thank you!

I spoke too soon. A week later, the tracking info still says "label created, awaiting item". I'll give them another prod.

steveash

@jvanzyl the short shifter arrived safely this morning. I never received any replies to emails but the product looks great. Reading online, this seems to be a regular pattern.

jvanzyl

Quote from: steveash on September 27, 2023, 14:05@jvanzyl the short shifter arrived safely this morning. I never received any replies to emails but the product looks great. Reading online, this seems to be a regular pattern.
Thanks for the heads up- how long was it between ordering and receiving?

steveash

Quote from: jvanzyl on September 27, 2023, 16:05Thanks for the heads up- how long was it between ordering and receiving?

2nd August so near enough 2 months. There doesn't seem to be any duty to pay. At least not yet, a bill might follow in the post. There seems to be a lot of variety for small parcels.

jvanzyl

Right so my order was 3rd of August... I'll give it a couple more weeks then get my money back.

Tags: