Now for the ol' razzle shnazzle

Started by MrChris, March 20, 2022, 19:52

MrChris

Off to Llandow this weekend. Just fitted a new seat which should help in the corners!

One of the bolts (back of seat, not on the transmission tunnel) won't go in because the washer is too big so may have to remove it. Other than that, the seat belt attaches pretty nicely to the transmission tunnel itself... which I hadn't considered at all until I actually picked up the seat. Lucky break!

J88TEO

Nice...that secures drive firmly.

MrChris

Another track day done. The bucket seat is a huge upgrade to the car, I cannot overstate this enough. The car is running like a dream, the engine is on form, not using any oil that I can tell, after fixing the car from last time I dare say it is driving better than ever. The brakes are also the best they've been. Very happy overall.

Llandow is small and pretty well suited to the 2. I'd go back for sure. Couple of videos and pictures of the day:

shnazzle

Brilliant!

Funny to see how out of place that GT-R is on that track. Far too slow/tight a track for it. And it couldn't get away from you as you kept getting in on the corners. Just shows...300hp difference ain't everything.

And of course the usual pride in the ol' beast. Testament to the engine maintenance of the previous owner LOL
...neutiquam erro.

MrChris

Quote from: shnazzle on October  9, 2023, 18:58Brilliant!

Funny to see how out of place that GT-R is on that track. Far too slow/tight a track for it. And it couldn't get away from you as you kept getting in on the corners. Just shows...300hp difference ain't everything.

And of course the usual pride in the ol' beast. Testament to the engine maintenance of the previous owner LOL

I thought they were over 400bhp? It absolutely blasted away on the straights and you're right, horsepower is not everything. I often hear/see people say that if you know how to drive a lot of the time 200bhp in a light car is pretty much all you need.

Glad to see you're still taking pride in your old 2 and yeah, you must have cared well for the engine (that fancy race oil?), it just gets on with its job and shrugs off several hours at the redline.

shnazzle

Quote from: MrChris on October  9, 2023, 19:53I thought they were over 400bhp? It absolutely blasted away on the straights and you're right, horsepower is not everything. I often hear/see people say that if you know how to drive a lot of the time 200bhp in a light car is pretty much all you need.

Glad to see you're still taking pride in your old 2 and yeah, you must have cared well for the engine (that fancy race oil?), it just gets on with its job and shrugs off several hours at the redline.

Well to be fair I cared for little else so the least I could do is give it some quality engine and gearbox care. 
It was about 2020 I think when I took a pic of the top of the pistons using a borescope and it was still so clean you could see the factory markings. I didn't do much right but I did like the engine to purr.

200hp at the wheels I reckon would have seen you past that GT-R under the right conditions. But to be fair, power to weight wouldn't be too far off the GT-R at that point. 

...neutiquam erro.

Tags: