Do you have one too?

Started by MisterK, December 4, 2023, 18:08

MisterK

Well I reached a milestone with my Roadster last week....I had to start a new Toyota service book to record my 19th Service Stamp  ;D

My original service book was filled last year with 18 consecutive stamps from 2005 to 2022.

Of these stamps:
14 were completed by a Toyota Dealer, 5 at Inchcape Toyota, Burton Upon Trent & 9 at Listers Toyota, Nuneaton.
The remaining 4 stamps were for servicing and extra work carried out by MR2 Roadster experts:
2 completed by Matt Lee of Mattperformance/Silverstone Performance.
1 completed by Steve of D1 Customs.
1 completed by Rogue Motorsport.

Last week the car was serviced & MOT'd by Listers Toyota. The car sailed through the MOT once again with no advisories and everything green on the Toyota Health check.  I was provided with a new service book and my 19th consecutive stamp has started this book.  In this book there are 30  :o  blank stamp spaces, so I don't think I'll fill it up. :'(

Has anyone else got a full service book plus started another?

Bye the way, moving forward, I probably won't be getting Toyota to service the car..I've found an excellent local garage who I trust for this & they carry out MOT's too. 
Any major issues I'll probably use Rogue Motorsport, although I hope that is very unlikely.

My car was recently described as a 'Unicorn' - owned from new with a full service history, by a gentleman at the Classic Motor Show.  Does anyone else own a unicorn?
MarkK
MARK K - Original Owner/ \'Best In Class\' winner, \'Show n Shine\', MR2DC National Event 2017.

Chilli Girl

Hi Mark, that is one perfect service history for a car.  If I'm honest, all my cars have been the same, I just don't keep them as long as you BUT my faithful Honda motorcycle is already on it's second service book. Serviced every year from new in 1998 by the same Honda technician.  He originally worked for Honda then he started up on his own and has never looked back.  42,000 miles in 25 years!  ;D
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

MisterK

Quote from: Chilli Girl on December  4, 2023, 18:21Hi Mark, that is one perfect service history for a car.  If I'm honest, all my cars have been the same, I just don't keep them as long as you BUT my faithful Honda motorcycle is already on it's second service book. Serviced every year from new in 1998 by the same Honda technician.  He originally worked for Honda then he started up on his own and has never looked back.  42,000 miles in 25 years!  ;D
You're lucky getting the same technician for 25 years...he must be grey & nearly drawing his pension  ;)   Listers had an MR2 expert which was why I was happy for him to service the car.  He's now left, so that's the reason I'll change next year.
MARK K - Original Owner/ \'Best In Class\' winner, \'Show n Shine\', MR2DC National Event 2017.

Bernie

Quote from: MisterK on December  4, 2023, 18:08Has anyone else got a full service book plus started another?

Yep got one from Amazon for next service in August

You cannot view this attachment.
Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

Ardent

Quote from: MisterK on December  4, 2023, 18:08Well I reached a milestone with my Roadster last week....I had to start a new Toyota service book to record my 19th Service Stamp  ;D

My original service book was filled last year with 18 consecutive stamps from 2005 to 2022.

Of these stamps:
14 were completed by a Toyota Dealer, 5 at Inchcape Toyota, Burton Upon Trent & 9 at Listers Toyota, Nuneaton.
The remaining 4 stamps were for servicing and extra work carried out by MR2 Roadster experts:
2 completed by Matt Lee of Mattperformance/Silverstone Performance.
1 completed by Steve of D1 Customs.
1 completed by Rogue Motorsport.

Last week the car was serviced & MOT'd by Listers Toyota. The car sailed through the MOT once again with no advisories and everything green on the Toyota Health check.  I was provided with a new service book and my 19th consecutive stamp has started this book.  In this book there are 30  :o  blank stamp spaces, so I don't think I'll fill it up. :'(

Has anyone else got a full service book plus started another?

Bye the way, moving forward, I probably won't be getting Toyota to service the car..I've found an excellent local garage who I trust for this & they carry out MOT's too. 
Any major issues I'll probably use Rogue Motorsport, although I hope that is very unlikely.

My car was recently described as a 'Unicorn' - owned from new with a full service history, by a gentleman at the Classic Motor Show.  Does anyone else own a unicorn?
MarkK
My cap is duly doffed.
Well played sir.

fawtytoo

I just checked my service book. 21 year old PFL: 11 entries. 1 of which is hand written with no stamp in 2010. I think it was changing ownership frequently at some point and none of the owners spent any money on it.

But I do have an almost clean MOT history. The stupid garage last year never followed my request of a pre-MOT check and failed it.  >:(

And I don't own a unicorn.
"My name is not important" - Slartibartfast

Ardent

@fawtytoo

Same thing happened with my dad.
Heart broken to see a red on his blemish free full green mot history. Piss pot side bulb. Failed and passed at same milage.
He was gutted and rightfully bloody annoyed.

puma2

:) MR Mark this 2 has always been a unicorn  as in 1 owner from new 8)  8)
that in its self is extremely rare at this age of ownership :)  :)
then your service record adds to the unicorn 8)  8)
 plus and your own attention to detail at looking after your 2 just all adds up for a extreme unicorn  8)  8)  8)

now all you got to do is get out of the extreme house on wheels and use your 2 :))  :))  :))

your 2 is a good looking  well cared for has a great home( garage) and has been loved from day 1 8)  8)

this will not stop in your ownership  for sure  :)  :)

keep it going and its been worth every penny you have put into it  :)  :)

well done and enjoy  8)  8) 

Tags: