high power 2zz swap by jaworjawor

Started by jaworjawor, May 22, 2015, 20:26

jaworjawor

I have to say I cannot spot a difference between jdm and usdm ecu. The usdm is the early one, single wire knock sensor, same as jdm. For now I can say that both of them hit lift at 6000rpm, which is something new for me, because in corolla ts it was always 6200. Limiter though I think it is around 8300-8400, again the same on both ecus. Also I didnt notice any power difference, but for now I drive with jdm and use 98 ron fuel, but this ecu throws a cel and I cant read jdm ecu

Jaanus K

OK, thanks!

I´m using the same JDM ecu and it hits limiter @ 8000.

Did you use 1zz or 2zz knock sensor? is there a diference?

tomaky

How much do you think its making jawor. i had a mate work out 0-60 est times and if i ran 250ish bhp id be about 4.6.
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

jaworjawor

I believe there is difference between knock sensors, I used oem 2zz knock, single wire. I dont know howm uch bhp it makes now, but I can guess it is between 210-220

jaworjawor

get some popcorn and beer  s:) :) s:)

m https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1029&v=4dKkWxK36T4 m

Anonymous

Video doesn't work?

Kimitech

Jawor, please, could you answer my question in PM? Thanks, Kamil

jaworjawor

I replaced studs for longer ones

by the way - what performance brake pads are there for spyders? Ferodo ds are for fronts only right? Looks like the only option is ebc yellow... black diamond predators are road pads, so wont last long on track.

The same goes for sport shocks - is there anything more than koni yellows?

Anonymous

How are you getting on with the performance of the car?

Brake wise the best option in term of performance on standard calipers is probably the race ones which they tend to use in the championship - carbotech I think they are.

I've also used Hawk performance which I found very good, front only though. There aren't many options for the rear

jaworjawor

recentyl I receive many pm's asking if I will be selling my breastplate - I organized group buy here in Poland in polish mr2 board, 10 pieces sold and everybody is happy  s:) :) s:)  I could make more breastplates if you wish, but shipping cost is too big to send to each indivudal, so it would be cheper if I send one big package to one person in UK, then you divide it by yourself. Or someone could order like 10 or 20 bps and do with it as he likes  s:) :) s:)  the price I paid in my machine shop is around  39 pounds, already cut 4mm steel and powder coated in any ral colour. If there was any interest I could also start making antirollbars, as mine work perfectly   s8) 8) s8)  

tomaky

There would be plenty of interest in the ARBS  s:) :) s:)
Westfield Seiw
Ex - 2003 Sable

Ardent

For openness, I have contacted JaworJawor regards his breastplate
Just love the clean simpleness of the design.

JaworJawor
As tom do you have a price for the ARBs

Mark A

Roll bar interest here, what about the front lower brace like on the FL cars?

jaworjawor

it would be around 45 pounds for front bar and 40 for the rear bar, powder coated but without larger bushings (front 22mm instead of 20 and rear 18 instead of 15), but for bigger orded I could try and search for some universal polyurethane ones (thats what I installed in my car)

shnazzle

That's a pretty smashing price for a bar. If you're keen on starting a group buy for these, let me know and we can discuss details
...neutiquam erro.

tomaky

I would be interested! Got some polys already would imagine they wouldnt do the job!
Westfield Seiw
Ex - 2003 Sable

Anonymous

At that price sign me up

tommyzoom99

that price for anti roll bars sign me up!

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

mattbrown82

Count me in for a front arb.
[size=85]00 silver
01 Blue 2zz - sold
03 Sable - sold[/size]

jaworjawor

Is there is anyone interested in breastplates, I found cheap shipping service using dpd courier. I can send any 30kg package for 16 gpb, for example it will fit 10 breastplates

Ardent

Me certainly for the breast plate

Jrichards20

Anyone have any ideas on the differences between the breastplate here and matts one?
Also the difference between the common aftermarket ARBs for 2s and this one?
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

Ardent

Simplicity of design for breast plate.
price on both accounts.

Jrichards20

So in terms of ARBs, Whiteline are very common, for the extra price are they worth it?

and simplicity of this breast plate reduced rigidness compared to matts?

I always preach to everyone else about spending the money on what is tried, trusted and clearly more beneficial. So need to practice what I preach haha!
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

Ardent

That is what appeals to me, single piece of steel vs many joints and welds in matts.
would be nice to have the two side by side.

The other question being rigid in which planes. With no mechanical engineering training what so ever.
i will put my £1 on the single piece option

Tags: