Smashed my car...

Started by so.simple, February 19, 2006, 20:15

so.simple

Hi guys. I smashed my car this friday night. On a straight road, the rear started to swerve right. I tried to correct it, but before I knew it, I was smashing into a rail on the right side of the road. The car kept spinning, smashing part of the rear and went on straight to the left side of the road going over a kerb. While this happened, a car hit me slightly.

I think that it must have been something on the road, cause 5 minutes later, a motorcycle crashed onb the exact same location.

I don't know the word for it, but maybe you can help me... Do you know where a bridge starts and enda? There's metal on the pavement to allow for the expansion of the bridge and provide some flexibility. I was just going over one of those when it all began.

My car is now at Toyota for a repair quotation to be evaluated by the insurance company. I hope everything turns out ok...

Jap GT300, do you have any body panels? I might need a bonnet, two front wings, a bumper, etc... A whole front to be exact. Could you provide me with a quotation for that?
Carlos

Anonymous

sorry to hear that m8, hope your ok.

Anonymous

good luck!

heathstimpson

Really sorry to hear your bad news matey; but as I've said to many before the main thing is that your all ok and in one piece. The 2 can soon be fixed up and it opens doors as with fitting a kit etc; know what I mean   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

so.simple

Just a swollen finger and very feeling very depressed. Other than that, I'm perfectly ok. Tough little car.
Carlos

heathstimpson

Quote from: "so.simple"Just a swollen finger and very feeling very depressed. Other than that, I'm perfectly ok. Tough little car.
Good to hear that all is ok  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

s:( :( s:(

That's terrible news Carlos, but I'm glad you're OK. Not so good about your car, but at least it sounds like it's fixable.

You'll have her up and running around on a track taking more excellent pics before you know it, buddy.

so.simple

I'm afraid it might not be fixable... My front strut bar looks like a coat hanger. It is possible that the chassis is bent beyond repair.. I'll have to wait and see.   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

Thanks for your kind words.
Carlos

Slacey

Best of luck my friend, glad you are OK.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

kanujunkie

oh Carlos, no  s:( :( s:(  that really sucks but at least your ok. Hope you manage to fix her up mate, good luck with everything
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Liz

Sorry to hear about this Carlos, hope it gets sorted quickly for you.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

spynish

Sorry matey.

Very happy to know you're ok. Hope you have your 2 repaired soon.
Go well!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

philster_d

Support from woking !

*Prays*

/Phil.

Anonymous

Such a nightmare. Sorry to here that Simple. Hope it all works itself out Ok for you.............

Anonymous

I'm glad that you are ok Carlos and I hope everything goes well for you.

Les

so.simple

Thanks for your support. I'm feeling very depressed. I can't stop thinking that I should have been able to "save" the car. I keep thinking about all the things that I could have done differently.   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
Carlos

Anonymous

Terrible news and I hate it when you keep thinking "what if I did this"... It is just too late.

Hope it all works out for you.

proeliator2001

Sorry to hear about the accident.  To put a positive spin on it, now you've had an accident (and one which didn't cause YOU much damage) the odds are really low for a more serious repeat for at least several years, statistically speaking   s:D :D s:D  

Even the best drivers in the world have trouble catching un-planned slides so don't beat yourself up over it - be thankful neither you or anyone else was hurt badly.
Official - old git alert. 42 years old!
Facts  are meaningless - they can be used to prove anything.

2004 MR2 in silver with hardtop, leather, aircon and only 1 door handle.(11 happy years together and counting!)

Jap GT300

Very unlucky   s:( :( s:(  

I have got all the body panels in stock.  The MR2 chassis is very easy to work on and any good repairer should be able to pull practically anything out.

I can supply chassis components and suspension parts but obviously they will be out of a donor vehicle.  Maybe I can sort something out when i deliver your engine.

Have you got any pictures?

Anonymous

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   Ouch! that definately doesnt sound good!

I'm glad you're ok, and really do hope the car can be repaired! and yes, I agree with you, tough little cars! seen a couple now that've been in accidents and it's surprising how they take a fair bit of punishment for their size...!

Anonymous

Sorry to hear your bad news. I can really empathise with you - almost exactly the same thing happened to me 2 months ago, although a little less damage. The worst is definately - all the what if's and if only's?

Just remember - you're in good company.

so.simple

Quote from: "Jap GT300"Very unlucky   s:( :( s:(  

I have got all the body panels in stock.  The MR2 chassis is very easy to work on and any good repairer should be able to pull practically anything out.

I can supply chassis components and suspension parts but obviously they will be out of a donor vehicle.  Maybe I can sort something out when i deliver your engine.

Have you got any pictures?
Thanks Adam. I knew I'd be able to count on you.

At the moment I'm still waiting for a decision from the isnsurance company. It is possible (although improbable) that they'll just go ahead and approve the repair of the car. Of course, if they say that the repair is too expensive, then I'll negotiate a value with them and manage the repair myself. That is where you'll come in. This is a case where I hope I won't have to do business with you.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Regarding the pictures... I don't have any, cause I was too shocked to do that, but I've asked a friend of mine (the son of one of the managers of the Toyota garge the car is at) to go there today and take some pictures for you.

I really want to have my car repaired or, in the "worst case scenario", receive enough idemnization to be able to buy antoher '2.

I'll make sure to buy one of these, though: RaceLogic Traction Control
Carlos

aaronjb

Sorry to hear about the crash, Carlos  s:( :( s:(

Quote from: "so.simple"I'll make sure to buy one of these, though: RaceLogic Traction Control

I had RLTC on my first 300ZX - it's a fantastic bit of kit. Don't rely on it to let you hold the car at an angle (if you set it to 20% slip, say) - as every now and then it gets it wrong. But as a device that'll save you on the occasions you might get it a touch wrong yourself, it's incredible.

Especially now the digital adjuster is out..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

so.simple

Quote from: "so.simple"
Quote from: "Jap GT300"Have you got any pictures?
(...)I've asked a friend of mine (...) to go there today and take some pictures for you.
I've just emailed them to you. Can you confirm if you have received them?
Carlos

Anonymous

Holy smokes, Carlos! Sounds like the kind of thing that would shake anyone up pretty hard. Glad you're in one piece. Got my fingers crossed for you.

Tags: